lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help with a 1986 DS

I’m new to this side of Buggiesgonewild web site. I have an Ezgo so I’m mostly over on that side.

I could use some help from you guys on a project I have. The lady two houses from me is 90 years old and has a 1986 Club Car DS. This is a cart she has had for a long time.

She has at least one if not more accelerator switches bad if that are what they are called. It’s the box that has 5 switches in it that controls the speed.
Before I start this project I’m wanting to buy the 2 machine screws that goes thru this box. One is a #4x40x3” the other one is a #10x32x3” I believe and both have hex heads. I can’t find them anywhere. Where do you get them or what do you substitute them with?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2015, 09:56 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help with a 1986 DS

I just took one of those boxes apart on a 1982 DS a few weeks ago and remember thinking wow, where would you find a bolt like that? They do indeed have tiny hex heads on them. I would start at my local Ace hardware.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:49 PM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with a 1986 DS

Ok guys, went ahead and took the old ones out without breaking the bolts, so I won't need new ones. If anyone knows where to get theses bolts I would still like to know. Thanks...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car