lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2017, 05:04 PM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 91 Club Car Drive Clutch Options

That's awesome. I just picked up a '90 gas Club Car project and will be needing a drive clutch for sure here soon. Pre-1997 drive clutches are typically hard to find and they seem to be either old and beat up, or brand new and $400+.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2017, 06:38 AM   #12
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
I wonder why online sellers typically note Club Car drive clutches for sale from 1988-96; and then from 1997-up? Which coincides exactly with Club Car's changeover from CCW motors to CW motors in 1996-1997 model years.

What would the internal differences be? If any?
I was a little bored yesterday, so I thought I'd do a side by side part number comparison of a 95, and a 97 drive clutch...

Every single part (sheaves, weights, buttons, spring, etc.) are all the same between the two years!
The ONLY difference is mainly just the part number for the complete clutch as a whole,
The 97 however, has an addition to the 95... the red plastic ring (plug) on the face of it that covers the 3 threaded holes!

I also checked the difference between a 93 and a 98 drive clutch... also all the same!

Just thought I'd share that tidbit of info!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #13
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Thanks for that confirmation!
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car