lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2016, 09:37 AM   #1
geonjay
Not Yet Wild

Default Lift kit quality and stability

Hello Gents. I just wanted to share my recent experience with various lift kits and their affects on cart stability.

I picked up my cart in Dec 2015. The seller was "tired of messing with it" - I didn't know what that meant but it was a crazy good deal on an 07 Precedent so I took it. I soon found out that the cart was VERY unstable once it picked up a little speed - the best term I've heard to describe it was 'squirrely'..several neighbors test drove it and ALL agreed something was wrong. The cart had a 6" RHOX drop spindle kit and 22" tires. I had a local professional align the tires...this improved the stability a little bit, but not much - he recommended that I completely remove the lift kit and put it back to stock.

I spoke with a few other local professionals - the consensus was that the RHOX lift kit was junk and may not have been installed properly. So I picked one of the local guys to replace it - he only installs MadJax kits and he sold it to me for $50 less than what I could find it for online and only charged me $100 to install it - if I'd bought it myself I'dve spent $50 more, so it was like paying $50 for professional installation. He also suggested HD rear springs - which didn't increase the price of the labor and the hardware only cost $85. So now I have a a new 6" double-A arm lift kit and new HD rear springs - the difference is night and day. I can now go down our 'hoods biggest hill at full speed and turn the steering wheel from left to right and the cart is completely stable...I no longer feel like it's just going to flip over at any minute.
geonjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
tey1967
Getting Wild

Default Re: Lift kit quality and stability

Cool! Glad you found a good solution. Is the new kit an A arm kit? I can see how a spindle lift could get crazy at high speed.
tey1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
geonjay
Not Yet Wild

The new kit is an A arm kit. Here's the link for it
http://www.mymadjax.com/Shop-by-Cate.../16-001_3.html
Old 03-09-2016, 11:20 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

A-Arm kits are definitely the way to go.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:01 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I don't mean to disrespect MadJax... but, keep a close eye on it!

Click>>> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...mans-lynx.html
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:20 AM   #6
geonjay
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the link LOCKMAN1. I just went and inspected as many of the welds as I could find and I'll keep an eye on them. The company that did the install has been around for a while, I expect they'll stand behind the work.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:47 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm hoping for everyone's sake that my situation was just a fluke, and everyone else's lift is fine!
BUT... it's better to be aware, then injured!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car