lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2017, 02:47 PM   #1
wireman
Not Yet Wild

Default Lestermatic question

I have an 85 EZGO 36volt. It came with an older Lestermatic with the dial and I found a newer Lestronic 2 automatic. My older charger worked great, it was just LOUD !! I thought this newer one would be quieter, but its just as loud. My cart is in a campground and I usually charge at night and it's pretty annoying. Unless I get a newer charger am I just stuck with this obnoxious buzzing ??
wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lestermatic question

I don't know if you can stop it - some are loud and some are really loud.
The new PWM chargers are silent - just be sure to get 20 amps for 36v and 18 amps for 48v charger.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
wireman
Not Yet Wild

That's what I figured. I was thinking about taking the old one apart and seeing if there was any way to add sound dampening to the metal, etc. It does a great job on keeping my batts charged, but I've got 800 amp transformers at work that don't hum as loud !!
Old 07-26-2017, 12:24 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Secret trick, not quite authorized by lester. Open charger & spray transformer with lots & lots of clearcoat. I mean alot, like dripping. Hit it from every angle, sides, bottom, and top. Wait 24 hours for stuff to dry before use. Usually is a huge help.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:18 PM   #5
wireman
Not Yet Wild

I"ll give that a try. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO