lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2018, 04:55 PM   #1
Stutsm02
Not Yet Wild

Default Key Switch Power

I have 2000 Ez-Go PDS (has the tow switch). Some one tried to steal it and hacked my key switch wiring all up. I have read through this forum enough to be pretty confident I have all the wires back where they should go..... Cart still isn't moving it doesn't seem to have power to anything but the lights. In going through some of the tests and looking through the wiring diagrams all I am doing is confusing myself. So my question is about the key switch itself.Do all the tabs have power to them according to the key position? I only have power on the headlight circuit. so I am thinking the thieves may have grounded my switch and burnt it up. Any help is appreciated.
Stutsm02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2018, 11:21 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Key Switch Power

The lights are 12V, so that is what will be on two of the terminals when the key is on. (only one when it is off)

The other set of terminals have 36V. Only one with key off and the others when on.

The 36V to the keyswitch comes from the controller, but it is more or less a feed-through from the reed switch located in the charge receptacle.

Check for voltage on the smaller of the three wires coming out of the backside of the charge receptacle.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:11 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Is it possible they fried his controller, since it probably wasn't in "tow" mode?

Would it throw a "code" if fried?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Is it possible they fried his controller, since it probably wasn't in "tow" mode?

Would it throw a "code" if fried?
Probably wouldn't sound the beeper if fried, but I'm pretty sure the voltage to the keyswitch (Aux Power) doesn't have any electronics in its path, other than switch contacts and plug/jack contacts.

Starts at reed switch, in on J1 Pin-4, out on J3 Pin-1, through 1/2 of Run/Tow switch, in on J3 Pin-2 and out on J1 Pin-9 to keyswitch.

It most likely travels through the controller via traces on the PC Boards, so there is the possibility that a trace was vaporized, but the most likely suspect is the reed switch contacts.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO