lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Question Speed fluctuation again

'97-99 CC 48 volt. Modified.
It's been a while since I last posted a comment, let alone started a new thread.

My last problem which I thought I had resolved was my electric cart suddenly slowing down, and then eventually speeding back up again. No change in foot pedal changed the speed, other than slowing it to stop. Now, it is back to doing it again.
Here's a summary of what I did the last time it happened. I replaced the F&R switch. I rebuilt the V-glide, but used the old resisters. It has good batteries, maintained and holding their charge very well. Once I rebuilt the V-Glide, I thought that I had resolved my problem. I will be tooling down the road at a good clip, pedal to the floor and all of a sudden, the speed will drop down to about five mph. It will last like that a bit and then suddenly resume it's faster speed. No amount of pumping the pedal changes the speed when it drops. A few years ago, I replaced the stock controller with a Curtis 400 amp, and it increased the hill climbing ability. Gave it more torque.
I really do not wish to remove the V-glide again, as the working space is crazy tight and time consuming. But, the only thing I can think of is that something is going crazy related to the resisters. IS THAT POSSIBLE? I have never replaced the solenoid.
I'm not quite sure where to go with this now. This cart does sit for periods of time without being used, but I keep the batteries maintained.

Would I be better off replacing my V-glide with something solidstate? Can the solenoid make the carts speed change like that, or is it just a stop and go type of relay?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #2
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speed fluctuation again

My CCDS is still acting sporadic on the speed. It will speed up to about 23+ and then in a little bit, it suddenly slows like it's out of power. The batteries show good and fully charged. The battery meter stays in the white for a full charge, even when it is barely moving. Then, all of a sudden it will take off at normal speed again. Then it might go back down and stay slow for a couple miles. The only thing I have not changed is the solenoid. Of course, the motor was in it when I got it six years ago.

Has anyone had this kind of malfunction? It seems like a fairly simple machine. A series model and old.
Looking for some ideas.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:18 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed fluctuation again

You may have a problem with the "reverse" reduced speed resistor circuit.

Disconnect all 3 wires from micro-switch #3 and connect the Green and White wires together.

Use the diagram below for reference:

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car