lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2018, 09:47 PM   #41
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Speed Code Onward Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle79 View Post
Thank you. So my charger only blinking means it's in "low" charging. Does <80% just refer to how much the battery is charged or something else?

It's been 4.5 hours now and the battery indicator still hasn't budged! Boooo
How much it is charged.

And it is only going to get stronger and faster as the charges continue.

Remember to never let them go below 50% and always use the P&P practice. If it is Parked - Plug it in!!

You will need to put about 20-30 charges minimum before they are fully broken in. You will actually feel them getting stronger and charges lasting longer as they break in.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2018, 10:00 PM   #42
WarEagle79
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
How much it is charged.

And it is only going to get stronger and faster as the charges continue.

Remember to never let them go below 50% and always use the P&P practice. If it is Parked - Plug it in!!

You will need to put about 20-30 charges minimum before they are fully broken in. You will actually feel them getting stronger and charges lasting longer as they break in.
That's good to know. Qe maybe drove it for 30-40 minutes around the neighborhood before the yellow light started flashing. The battery indicator was on the 3rd red bar from empty.

Got home and plugged it in at 530pm and its 10pm now the bar is still on that 3rd from empty and I could toast marshmallows on the charger!

It's still blinking green though
WarEagle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:07 AM   #43
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Just be comfortable. It is working as it should be....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:56 PM   #44
mikestoneclark
Not Yet Wild

I know this thread is almost a year old, but I wanted to thank everyone for commenting... I just went through almost the identical everything as WarEagle79.

Got our club car onward lifted this morning. So excited to go for a ride. Felt like driving "Christine". The **** thing felt possessed. And inconsistent as hell! Sometimes it would self-brake, sometimes it would coast. I took a few turns too fast because I began to trust what it was doing, then it would trick me again. lol. I'd call the default setting downright dangerous! Anyway, thanks for all of your questions and all of your input - from speed codes, to regen to charging.
mikestoneclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:43 AM   #45
bradleyball
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
Easy install that can be done in an afternoon. I have a thread on it somewhere with my Onward. Mine is lifted and I was getting 27mph with the stock motor. I think I had the V9 field map. I can check tomorrow what map it was, need my work laptop. Best first performance mod IMO, then lithium, motor last.
Just bought lifted 2018 CC Onward. Looking to convert to street legal w/speed upgrade. 2 local dealers recommended motor upgrade only for speed. Looking at forum, it looks like first mod should be controller (XCT48500) & 400amp solenoid. Based on E36Racer's experience, I may not need a new motor. I would be happy at 27mph. Thoughts? Any issues with torque? I live in the flat FL panhandle. Thanks!
bradleyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:51 PM   #46
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyball View Post
Just bought lifted 2018 CC Onward. Looking to convert to street legal w/speed upgrade. 2 local dealers recommended motor upgrade only for speed. Looking at forum, it looks like first mod should be controller (XCT48500) & 400amp solenoid. Based on E36Racer's experience, I may not need a new motor. I would be happy at 27mph. Thoughts? Any issues with torque? I live in the flat FL panhandle. Thanks!
If you do the 500 amp controller on the factory motor, turn the output down to 400 amps max. The factory motor won't last long at 500.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:15 PM   #47
rulybanuelos
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for this thread! I am about to get a deal on an onward so it’s good to know all this before I pull the trigger!
rulybanuelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:39 PM   #48
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulybanuelos View Post
Thanks for this thread! I am about to get a deal on an onward so it’s good to know all this before I pull the trigger!
Please, feel free to PM me with any other questions you may have. I'm happy to help!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:11 PM   #49
Andy8B
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have the new CCDT. Do you have the unlock code that gives me access to the speed menu? It has (20) attempts before error. The serial does not work. Would like to have access to the speed control menu. Thanks for any help you can send my way.
Andy8B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 05:12 AM   #50
scgolfer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
FYI, you can not turn "OFF" the regen. You can turn off the "Pedal-Up-Mode", which prohibits the regen braking from taking effect "AFTER" you release the pedal. You can turn off the "Excel Braking" which prohibits the car from slowing itself down "AS" you release the pedal. But the regen braking is always going to be there to limit your top speed to a pre-determined maximum RPM within the controller. The Alltrax does the same thing, only you get to choose that RPM, within motor manufacturers specs of course. Not to mention, you'll get a nice boost of power with the Alltrax. On an Onward with a lift kit, I highly recommend the Alltrax XCT400, a minimum of 4 gauge cables throughout the power delivery system, and a minimum of a 200 amp solenoid. This will get your speeds into the mid 20s with plenty of extra torque and power in reserve.
I realize the message is quite old but I bought a new 2022 Club Car Onward, non-lifted HP 2 seat model, on which I would like to increase the speed a bit, maybe 3 or 4 mph or so. I have 12" wheels and low profile tires. Stock speed per GPS is 19-20. Any options here? Thanks.

Jim
scgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car