lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #21
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 Precedent. - hammrhed71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Those are really bad settings.

Change the throttle rate to 40% to avoid neck jerking response.

Enable speed limit and set the maximum RPM to 6,500 to protect your motor.

I think your motor is a 4-pole magnet but the folks that sell them can confirm.
I'll check with them.

I have both Regens set to 0 also, nothing worse than slamming your face into the windshield simply by letting up on the gas.

I have it set to 4 pole setting...but I'll def find out what that's supposed to be set at.

Thanks for all the help...all great info.
hammrhed71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2018, 08:37 AM   #22
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Those are really bad settings.

Change the throttle rate to 40% to avoid neck jerking response

Enable speed limit and set the maximum RPM to 6,500 to protect your motor.

I think your motor is a 4-pole magnet but the folks that sell them can confirm.
Moved TR to 40% and Max RPMs to 6500. Cart moves 19mph. Unacceptable...lol

I'm looking for highest speed without ruining the motor. Any thoughts?

Turbo setting - ON
Regen (both) - 0

What about low/high pedal settings?
Throttle linearization was basically just stretched to 100% rather than shortened (standard) at 90%.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2018, 09:01 AM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammrhed71 View Post
Moved TR to 40% and Max RPMs to 6500. Cart moves 19mph. Unacceptable...lol

I'm looking for highest speed without ruining the motor. Any thoughts?

Turbo setting - ON
Regen (both) - 0

What about low/high pedal settings?
Throttle linearization was basically just stretched to 100% rather than shortened (standard) at 90%.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Do You have 23 inch tires?

If so, it looks like You set the sensor to 4-pole but the motor has an 8-pole magnet installed.

If the cart has 23 inch tires, set the pole setting to 8-pole.

You could also lower the rpm a little to 6,000 as that would still allow 33mph.

The Regen brake is a preference and it does not affect top speed.

The Throtle rate does not affect top speed either, but it does affect the smooth (Low setting) vs jerky (high setting) throttle response.

Did You load the speed and torque curves I posted?

Happy Thanksgiving!
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:30 PM   #24
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Do You have 23 inch tires? 22" Timberwolves

If so, it looks like You set the sensor to 4-pole but the motor has an 8-pole magnet installed. Ok...thanks, honestly I was unsure about that setting.

If the cart has 23 inch tires, set the pole setting to 8-pole. What about 22" tires? Why would the tire size determine the pole setting?

You could also lower the rpm a little to 6,000 as that would still allow 33mph.
Do you think I can get 33mph out of it? If so that's great news so far the top speed I've seen so far is 28.

The Regen brake is a preference and it does not affect top speed.

The Throtle rate does not affect top speed either, but it does affect the smooth (Low setting) vs jerky (high setting) throttle response.

Did You load the speed and torque curves I posted? I did...but will try again this week. Been away so I haven't had a chance to tinker with it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry for the delay...I'll change those settings and post what I've found. If I can get 33 Mph from this set up I'll be happy! Again...it's the XCT48500IQ running the FSIP 221-48v-TORQUE motor. 1GA wiring (just got the stud for the OBC yesterday, only they didn't have brass, only SS...will that work?).

Thanks again for all the help!
Old 11-28-2018, 04:15 PM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammrhed71 View Post
Sorry for the delay...I'll change those settings and post what I've found. If I can get 33 Mph from this set up I'll be happy! Again...it's the XCT48500IQ running the FSIP 221-48v-TORQUE motor. 1GA wiring (just got the stud for the OBC yesterday, only they didn't have brass, only SS...will that work?).

Thanks again for all the help!
The comment I made about the tire size was based on your max rpm and the max speed you were reporting.

The 19mph is what would happen if you had tires of approximately 23 inches diameter and the Controller was thinking the motor was spinning twice as fast as it was.

Anyway, if you use the speed calculator (top of the screen under Quick Links), a maximum rpm of 6,000RPM with 22 inch tires would allow about 32mph.

It is important to keep the maximum RPM to a limit where You would reasonably expect to reach since it does affect the throttle curve vs pedal position.

Change the number of poles to 8 poles.

As far as conductivity of metals, Silver is #1 (best), Copper is #2, Brass is #7 and Stainless Steel is #13 (worst than plain steel).

Since the length of the stud carrying the current is short, it will probably not have a practical impact.

The Lowes hardware stores around me carry the US Brass 5/16 bolts that I just cut the head off to make a stud....

I would definitely be interested to know the performance you get off that FSIP torque motor, What Field Map are you using?
Old 11-28-2018, 04:38 PM   #26
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Love all the info...I thought about cutting a bolt, because the family owned hardware store I went to only had bolts, no threaded rods. I'll run by lowes on the way home tonight. I have time to get all these things set and then some later.

The map that Alltrax sent is labeled - FieldCurve_221-48VTORQUE-36V-V1
Old 11-28-2018, 04:57 PM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 5/16" toilet bowl type brass bolts are usually just cheap plated bolts, the good ones are on the specialty isle usually in the slide drawers.

They also carry brass nuts, washers and neoprene washers.

What I did was to thread all 4 nuts on the bolt and align their profiles so I could clamp it on my vise to hold the bolt in place without damaging the threads.

I then cut the head off with a hacksaw, then jammed two of the nuts together and threaded the other two nuts out over the cut end of the bolt to help clean the threads.

You should wrap a few turns of electric tape over the bolt threads on the portion that goes inside the OBC to prevent the threads from causing any abrasive wear inside the OBC.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:53 PM   #28
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Great info yet again...
Old 11-29-2018, 02:52 PM   #29
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

who would have thought it would be so hard to find brass bolts? Lowes/HD/Local HW Store all peak at 1/4" diameter. Went to 'Broward Bolt' and they had brass everything, except the longest bolt they had was 1.5" long. Finally found some solid brass toilet repair bolts in a kit. I think I spent $50 in gas lol. and $4 on the actual parts I needed.

I updated the Controller config and your field curves too. With RPMs set to 6500, Throttle Rate at 40% and 8-pole set, I got 25mph on 22" tires. I'd like to reach top speed quicker...and maybe reduce the torque. With the new MCOR4 it still has a tiny bit of jump to it. I want it to be as smooth as my RXV...just smooth straight to the top and maintain.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #30
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know the feeling, it looks like every time a have a hardware project one store will have most everything I need, except for one little tiny but critical part that makes me have to go to another store
Are You still running the Stock Motor?

If stock Motor, are You using the EJ4-4001-V9 Field map?
Sorry, long day at work I forgot You have the FSIP Motor
What are your settings for "Max Motoring Armature Amps" and "Max Motoring Battery Amps"?

You should also have Turbo and Street selected.

FSIP lists the torque motor at 19mph with stock tires (18 inch), so that would be about 25mph with 22 inch tires.

Last edited by Sergio; 11-29-2018 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: Removed Motor question
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car