lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
Ap’s club car
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club car Precedent need more torque

Hi all, new to this golf cart world. I’m mechanically incline but when it comes to this electrical stuff it blows my mind in all the ways you can change power? So enough rambling I need some advice on what should be done first to get more torque out of my cart. It is a 2007 precedent with a 6” lift 22” tires and I do believe stock motor and controller. Was told batteries are a year old I’ve checked them they seam to be good, water levels good, and load test good. Have new 2gauge wires in the works now and yes use it obc stud. Any info will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.
Ap’s club car is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car Precedent need more torque

First step is a new controller from Scotty at cartsunlimited.net. I’d recommend at least the XCT-48400, but he can suggest the best one based on your needs. From there, you would move on to motor upgrades if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW.
The XCT400 has a peak out put of 460 amps. That is the maximum I suggest with the stock motor and it is good enough for most all aftermarket motors and situations unless your cart fit into the biggest baddest catagory.
I have the XCT300 in a 2014 Precedent with aftermarket 5.5 hp motor that performs very well - even on our hills.
But this cart's bigger 22" tires rob about 20% of the power from the drive system, so I suggest the XCT400 and SW180 (200 amp) solenoid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
Ap’s club car
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So how do I go about ordering it from you? Scott
Old 12-04-2018, 12:35 PM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

cartsunlimited.net

LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:51 PM   #6
Ap’s club car
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I was just there but was unsure if I had the right parts and weather or not I needed a specific harness to go from controller to cart harness? I’m not an order online person I prefer to talk to someone and get it that day or order thru someone that knows what there doing! I’m not trying to be difficult just want to get it ordered correctly
Old 12-04-2018, 01:46 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap’s club car View Post
-snip-
I’m not an order online person I prefer to talk to someone and get it that day or order thru someone that knows what there doing! I’m not trying to be difficult just want to get it ordered correctly
You can also look here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...rs-and-magnets for Precedent Upgrades and then call David and he will walk you through whatever you want to order and answer your questions along the way. He is a Club Car Guru and Owner of Revolution Golf Cars.

His name is David Hicks - 706-431-3917
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
You can also look here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...rs-and-magnets for Precedent Upgrades and then call David and he will walk you through whatever you want to order and answer your questions along the way. He is a Club Car Guru and Owner of Revolution Golf Cars.

His name is David Hicks - 706-431-3917

Thanks Nole. Just give me a ring if you have any questions. I’ll be glad to help.

TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #9
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

So if I'm understanding all this correctly, Scotty is posting recommendations to new cart owners but is not available by phone to talk them through what they need?
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:06 AM   #10
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Scotty switched to email contact only a couple of years ago due to the abundance of calls he was getting and interfering with getting orders and shipping out orders in a timely manner.

I can totally understand this. But even though he mostly communicates through email now, he's customer service is first class! He responds in a timely manner, even on nights and weekends. That's hard to beat
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car