lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #1
Austin4130
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Ordered PQ Rattlesnake for my DS - Build Thread

When searching for what motor to put in my cart, I didn't come across many reviews for the PQ Rattlesnake - I hope to help any future people thinking of upgrading!

'99 DS, pulled the trigger on the Plum Quick Rattlesnake motor today - Already have 2 Gauge / Solenoid / FR / Alltrax 48500. Will update in a couple of weeks when I get the motor with a review!
Austin4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Ordered PQ Rattlesnake for my DS - Build Thread

Hopefully you'll love it. From reading, Swan seems to love his and he's had it for a few years now.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:25 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Yup I love mine , its great motor with a good balance of speed and torque
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
Austin4130
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Yup I love mine , its great motor with a good balance of speed and torque
@Swan

What is your experience with battery life with the motor - did you notice a significant decrease?

My batteries are about 2 years old and have been well maintained.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I'm sure Swan will chime back in, but that's going to depend on how heavy your foot is. Flooring it from a dead stop is going to use a lot of amps (capacity) compared to gentle take-offs. Compared with traveling though hilly or soft terrain (more amps used) vs flat and packed surfaces. A lot of variables.

I have a torque motor and can pull some decent amps depending on where and what I'm doing, but I didn't notice a significance when I upgraded a few years ago.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #6
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
I'm sure Swan will chime back in, but that's going to depend on how heavy your foot is. Flooring it from a dead stop is going to use a lot of amps (capacity) compared to gentle take-offs. Compared with traveling though hilly or soft terrain (more amps used) vs flat and packed surfaces. A lot of variables.

I have a torque motor and can pull some decent amps depending on where and what I'm doing, but I didn't notice a significance when I upgraded a few years ago.
Swan i am also curious about this if you had to give a rough estimate moving along really good with you foot really in it. How many miles do you think you could go. I know these things don’t have speedometers so maybe a estimate on time. Before my controller and torque motor i drove it for hours i mean several hours. But I didn’t have a meter in it then so I don’t know what % of my battery was actually left.
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:47 PM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

My batteries are T-875's with a date code of Oct 15 and have spent there life on a DPI charger. Im pretty heavy footed and average 10+ miles a day every day with no major decrease voltage. Lately most of my driving has been on flat pavement which is easier the playing in the mud.

A while back I was out of state in a very hilly area, where I was on the floor just to get up the steep hills. After about 10 miles of taking everything the 700 amp controller would give the batteries were down around 60%.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:30 AM   #8
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
My batteries are T-875's with a date code of Oct 15 and have spent there life on a DPI charger. Im pretty heavy footed and average 10+ miles a day every day with no major decrease voltage. Lately most of my driving has been on flat pavement which is easier the playing in the mud.

A while back I was out of state in a very hilly area, where I was on the floor just to get up the steep hills. After about 10 miles of taking everything the 700 amp controller would give the batteries were down around 60%.
Wow not what i wanted to hear so I guess if you are really hard on it you could expect about 40 min or so before you start damaging the batteries. Thanks
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I do not think that he was stating it that way. I think he was pointing out that even when he was hard on it (hilly areas) that he went ~10 miles and was still at 60% SOC. That is really really good....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #10
Austin4130
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

I have to mostly stay on pavement or fire roads around the house as I don't really have anyone that could come get my cart if I broke it or got it stuck away from the house.

With the stock motor and no voltage gauge I never really pushed it much past 15 miles per charge.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car