lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 08 ds starts then stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drthv8r View Post
I did your test and turned the power back on and it did do better so if it’s the MCOR how do you test for it ?
Here you go. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...conversion-kit David just confirmed it above.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2019, 05:01 PM   #12
Drthv8r
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Changed cart over to MCOR 4 and does exactly the same thing so I’m guessing there nothing wrong with the MCOR, do I have a weak solenoid or what and one have any ideas
Drthv8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:53 PM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The solenoid contacts inside are probably worn out. It's not passing current through the solenoid. Clamp your volt meter lead to the output side of the solenoid or to the B+ terminal at the controller and check if voltage is dropping out when the cart moves.

The initial jump is because the capacitors in the controller have energy stored that they're getting through the pre-charge resistor that's between the two big posts on the solenoid. If the solenoid is not passing current through the contacts inside, the capacitors charge by the resistor (that's why it's there) and then discharge to the motor when you press the go pedal. But with no current coming through the solenoid, as soon as the capacitors are discharged there's no more energy to power the motor.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:46 PM   #14
Drthv8r
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok I’ll give it a try tomorrow
Old 03-22-2019, 11:51 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And do you hear the solenoid close (click)?

If not, tap on the side of it with a hammer handle or something firm. I have had OEM's stick much too often.

You can also test the field coil (2 small posts) for resistance and see if it is bad.

Outside of that, I would start looking towards an intermittent controller issue.

Strange that after you did the "25-30" pedal pump test it ran right. That is the first time I have heard that test reveal a problem that was not "the" problem....
Old 03-22-2019, 11:53 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post

If not, tap on the side of it with a hammer handle or something firm. I have had OEM's stick much too often.

You can also test the field coil (2 small posts) for resistance and see if it is bad.

Outside of that, I would start looking towards an intermittent controller issue.

Strange that after you did the "25-30" pedal pump test it ran right. That is the first time I have heard that test reveal a problem that was not "the" problem....
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #17
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post

Nole Fan, I agree that his MCOR needed replacing, as I believe 100%, same as you and David, in that test. He just has more than one problem and he has fixed the MCOR issue, he should not feel that he got pushed into something he did not need. When the solenoid or controller issue is fixed he will notice immediately the new MCOR with the smoother & consistent pedal response. IMHO
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:07 AM   #18
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Nole Fan, I agree that his MCOR needed replacing, as I believe 100%, same as you and David, in that test. He just has more than one problem and he has fixed the MCOR issue, he should not feel that he got pushed into something he did not need. When the solenoid or controller issue is fixed he will notice immediately the new MCOR with the smoother & consistent pedal response. IMHO
I believe we are all on the same page.... Good team assessment.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:08 AM   #19
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
I believe we are all on the same page.... Good team assessment. Thanks Gent's!
Old 03-27-2019, 04:50 PM   #20
Drthv8r
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Changed over to the mcor4 no difference changed solenoid and used the new resister cart runs but tops out at 7mph any ideas? Cart has great acceleration plenty of power up until about 5 or 6 mph
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car