lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2019, 03:32 AM   #1
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Default Need a sound diagnosis - Video in Post

I recently have been hearing a faint sound from the rear passenger wheel. Now it is definitely more noticeable. Can anyone tell me if its a simple bearing replacement, or sounding something more with the axle before i tear into it?

2007 G29 YDRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BKf-ItQWDI
Craeshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2019, 06:25 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need a sound diagnosis - Video in Post

First thing would be make sure the wheel is tight- if not if can make similar sounds to that.

If it is, it might be a problem with the bearing or the noise could be coming from the rear end.

A YDRE of that year doesn’t have brake drums at the wheel so that eliminates the most obvious suspect.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:03 AM   #3
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

check your axle nut make sure it is tight, there is a spacer on the transaxle that makes a noise like that if it is loose. If that isn't it it could be the rubber bushing between the motor and the input shaft that also makes a similar noise when the bushing wears out.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:44 AM   #4
Craeshe
Getting Wild

I am in the process of removing the wheel assembly. Im thinking that i am down there I will just replace the bearing...Youtube is extremely helpful here! lol

Ill update when i get it replaced.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:17 AM   #5
Craeshe
Getting Wild

Amazon had the bearing! Same day shipping at that...lol Now to get the assembly off and remove the bearing without a press. hmmmmmm
Old 09-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #6
Craeshe
Getting Wild

So, I got the passenger side inner axle out and found that the bearing was actually in good health. There was however; a bunch of sand/dirt built up all around the bearing, the axle and components.

I cleaned everything i could, put a light layer of bearing grease to keep it all smooth and put it back together. No more grinding sound! Could have been a loose axle nut or other, but at least I can return the bearing i bought!

NOTE: I did not know this - When i pulled the inner axle out, wet brake fluid came out with it. Little did i know or realize, that pulling the rod, opened up the hole to that compartment, traveling down the axle to the wheel. A quick jack on the passenger side kept the fluid to the left and I was able to work.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:44 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Not brake fluid, gear oil, sniff it, it smells like dead dinosaurs. Glad you got it solved.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:41 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Default Re: Tkani_vezhovo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr_Tum View Post
You recollect 18 more century
Yes, I recollect 18 centurys, for you see, I am a 1800 year old vampire, and cannot die a natural death.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:05 AM   #9
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

No thanks there buddy....Golf carts are far more erotic than whatever the hell those videos illustrate. Now you just wasted several minutes of my life and placed a terrible stain on this great forum. I except that i will not have to view your contributions in the future
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:30 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
No thanks there buddy....Golf carts are far more erotic than whatever the hell those videos illustrate. Now you just wasted several minutes of my life and placed a terrible stain on this great forum. I except that i will not have to view your contributions in the future
Who, me? A terrible stain? I doubt a joke is capable of all that... If I have defiled your fragile sensibilities by making a joke, I don't know what to tell ya.......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha