lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
johno1au
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 Not charging fully delta charger

This is probably a broad question but I have a Yamaha GDRE 2008 G29 with a Delta charger which charges the batteries but it does not seem to charge the batteries fully before going into trickle mode. If I disconnect each battery from each other and charge using a normal car charger with a current meter you can see the current is high 4-6 amp and takes few hours to charge down to 0 amp and when all 4 are charged I can get 1 - 2 hours out of the cart, but when I use my delta I might be lucky to get half an hour. I am not using trojans but deep cycle 12v batteries. I understand the Delta chargers are golf cart specific (Yamaha program etc) so would changing the batteries from non Trojan effect the charging? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
johno1au is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Not charging fully delta charger

What is the specific model of your batteries? Do they say the words "golf cart" on them any where? Do they say "marine" on them anywhere?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #3
johno1au
Not Yet Wild

HI, they do not say golf cart or marine but here are the specs.

Cheers

SuperCharge D87L AMP-TECH 12V 120Ah Deep Cycle Battery

Description - Deep cycle battery with long running power and low current drain.
Application - For campervan, golf carts, Solar

Features
Full 12-months* warranty. High density plate design to deliver constant power supply without loss of capacity. Prevents damage to plate's active material due to vibration.
Built to withstand multiple extensive discharge and re-charge cycles

Volts : 12
20 AH : 120
5 AH : 96
RC: 96
Length : 333
Width : 173
Height : 215
TH : 239
Wet Weight : 28.3
Assembly : D
Terminal Type : STD
Other Features : CT, FDH
Warranty : 12
johno1au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:23 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Those are hardly near specs for golf cart use. The lowest/cheapest (totally worst) ones used by the factory were 150ah @20/hr. Sorry, those are below spec for use in golf carts. You have batteries that will never "act normal" in golf cart use. The way a cart charges & discharges the batteries simply don't match those batteries. Unless you can return them, use them the best you can until they are toasted, then get real golf cart batteries.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha