lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2020, 02:40 PM   #1
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Charger Question

I have the original charger for my G22 2003 48 volt. However a buddy gave me a Lester Summit II universal charger with bluetooth. Which charger is better to use? The Lester seems really advanced but is it better to use it? Faster charge? Better battery health?
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Default Re: Charger Question

Yes the Lester is better. You should
Be able to google that and see it, but it also depends on if you need the added features, I always plug my cart in and when I walk by it, I unplug and plug it back in to keep it tip top.
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:20 PM   #3
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I do the same on the unplugging and plugging. Makes my evening rides always at 100% charge. I'll use the Lester then.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:57 AM   #4
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I got the correct plug end for my Lester Summit II installed. Finally fired it up.... and bam, it's really good! I like the bluetooth although the range sucks. I still have not fiddled with any settings aside from telling it which batteries I have. I do recommend it.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:01 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Had mine for awhile. It will monitor the batteries and restart a charge cycle when it thinks it's appropriate on it's own. Also will equalize the batteries automatically. We've been through at least one power outage and the charger resets itself. Pretty much plug it in and forget about it except you still have to check the water. Bluetooth range is awful but you really just set it up once and its good to go until you change the batteries.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #6
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

So I do not have to enable the float charge function (where it will automatically start up when batteries get too low)?
Old 05-08-2020, 02:00 PM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nope. Tell it the brand/model(AH) of your batteries and let it go. Doesn't "float" but monitors batteries and starts a refresh charge cycle when appropriate as long as you leave it plugged in. You still have to check water level periodically.
A charger that actually "floats" will be hard to find these days because they run afoul of the ever more popular "vampire" electronics laws. Even the new Gen IV DPI chargers don't float anymore.
This is a modern state of the art charger that comes in 2 models but they haven't been out in the wild for very long--year or more mabye. Lester is a very old American brand.
There are some others out there that maybe fine. Modz is one that is gaining some popularity in the CC section. Also electronically modern and even cheaper. Don't remember the specs but you can research it. Reliability will be unknown for several years.
Replacement FACTORY chargers aren't as good as these and way more expensive. The lack of reliability and features of factory supplied chargers is an ongoing issue for CC and EZGO and probably Yamaha although I'm not as familiar with the Yammies.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:47 PM   #8
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thank you this seems great. I am amazed at the weight difference.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha