lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2020, 01:17 PM   #1
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2011 EZGo TXT 48V will not move

I got a 48V EZGo TXT that was a little wore out and didnt run. I got it back together and new batteries installed and it will not do anything.

Back up beeper works but no solenoid click. This is my first EZGo in about 6 years. Can anybody steer me in the right direction?

49.83 on the pack
49.82 on the battery side of the solenoid
49.31 on the controller side of the solenoid
Beyond that my ezgo troubleshooting skills are limited

Thanks!
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2020, 02:23 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 EZGo TXT 48V will not move

Check for 49.8xV at the yellow wire on the solenoid coil when controls are set to drive cart.

Check for 49.8xV on the blue wire coming out of the cart's charge receptacle.

Here's a schematic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48v TXT diagram.JPG (95.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:35 AM   #3
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Check for 49.8xV at the yellow wire on the solenoid coil when controls are set to drive cart.

Check for 49.8xV on the blue wire coming out of the cart's charge receptacle.

Here's a schematic.
Thanks for the quick response.

So, there appears to be 49.8 on the blue wire at the charging port

On the yellow wire on the solenoid there is only 1.7. With the key on when I hit the throttle pedal, it drops to 1.4.

Thanks
Old 05-18-2020, 10:48 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

There is a bunch of wires in the harness near the solenoid that tie together from the run tow switch that are known for having issues. Probably a bad connection
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:47 AM   #5
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm hoping JohnnieB tunes back in for an update based on those #'s he asked for. The run tow switch kicks on the reverse buzzer so it seems to be activating ok but I am clueless
Old 05-18-2020, 11:55 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay. Key power is fed from the connection I am talking about and the yellow on the solenoid is fed from the key and it only has 1.7 volts. Ummmm wiggle the harness loom right in front of the controller and look at your voltage again.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
Thanks for the quick response.

So, there appears to be 49.8 on the blue wire at the charging port

On the yellow wire on the solenoid there is only 1.7. With the key on when I hit the throttle pedal, it drops to 1.4.

Thanks
The low voltage on the yellow wire is a problem.

Like kscg said, might be one of the connections in the wiring harness.

FWIW: The beeper is a piezoelectric device that operates over a wide range of voltages and there are many separate voltage paths (wires) fed by the Run/Tow switch, so the beeper sounding does not necessarily mean the Run/Tow switch is good.

---------
Use a voltmeter to check the voltage at all the wire connections from the yellow wire on the solenoid back to the Run/Tow switch.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:21 PM   #8
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Okay. Key power is fed from the connection I am talking about and the yellow on the solenoid is fed from the key and it only has 1.7 volts. Ummmm wiggle the harness loom right in front of the controller and look at your voltage again.
Quote:
The low voltage on the yellow wire is a problem.

Like kscg said, might be one of the connections in the wiring harness.

FWIW: The beeper is a piezoelectric device that operates over a wide range of voltages and there are many separate voltage paths (wires) fed by the Run/Tow switch, so the beeper sounding does not necessarily mean the Run/Tow switch is good.

---------
Use a voltmeter to check the voltage at all the wire connections from the yellow wire on the solenoid back to the Run/Tow switch.
I just realized I made a mistake when I tested a little bit ago. I had it in tow mode. I switched it over to run and I have the same voltage on the yellow wire. Sorry about that. Still doesnt run though.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
I just realized I made a mistake when I tested a little bit ago. I had it in tow mode. I switched it over to run and I have the same voltage on the yellow wire. Sorry about that. Still doesnt run though.
Okay. So there is at least 48V on the yellow wire at the solenoid and the solenoid does not click when pedal is pushed while the Run/Tow is in Run, key is ON and the F/R is in either F or R?

Next step is to check for battery pack voltage on the backside of the 16 pin plug while it is plugged into the controller.

There ought to be at least 48V on the following pins when cart is ready to driven forward except pedal being pushed:
Pin-5
Pin-8 (only when f/r is in F -- Pin-16 when in R)
Pin-9
Pin-10
Pin-12 (Solenoid coil feed-through)

Press pedal and Pin-6 should get 48V on it and Pin-12 should go to 0V and solenoid should click.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #10
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Okay. So there is at least 48V on the yellow wire at the solenoid and the solenoid does not click when pedal is pushed while the Run/Tow is in Run, key is ON and the F/R is in either F or R?

Next step is to check for battery pack voltage on the backside of the 16 pin plug while it is plugged into the controller.

There ought to be at least 48V on the following pins when cart is ready to driven forward except pedal being pushed:
Pin-5
Pin-8 (only when f/r is in F -- Pin-16 when in R)
Pin-9
Pin-10
Pin-12 (Solenoid coil feed-through)

Press pedal and Pin-6 should get 48V on it and Pin-12 should go to 0V and solenoid should click.
Everything step you predicted is correct (shows 48 volts) except when I push the pedal pin 12 does nothing. No voltage change and no solenoid click. The only thing I cannot figure out is where you said it needed to be tested "while it is plugged into the controller" I just realized you said that. How do you do that? I checked them with the 16 pin connector unplugged to get those voltages.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO