lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2020, 03:06 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2011 EZGo TXT 48V will not move

Paper clip or probes with a point. What happens with the meter + on yellow and meter - on the blue wire at the solenoid.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2020, 03:18 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
Everything step you predicted is correct (shows 48 volts) except when I push the pedal pin 12 does nothing. No voltage change and no solenoid click. The only thing I cannot figure out is where you said it needed to be tested "while it is plugged into the controller" I just realized you said that. How do you do that? I checked them with the 16 pin connector unplugged to get those voltages.
Push the test probe into the backside of the plug next to the wire connected to the pin. If test probe is too thick to go in, use a short piece of wire, or a straightened paperclip.

Except for Pin-12, all the other pins I listed above are voltage inputs to the controller. The voltage on Pin-12 is actually the voltage applied to the other side of the solenoid's coil feeding through, telling us the coil is intact. When is supposed to happen is that voltage is connected to B- when the pedal is pushed and 48V is applied to Pin-6.

Apparently 48V does appear on Pin-6 when pedal is pushed, so (when the 16 pin connector is plugged into controller) it appears that the controller is being told to energize the solenoid and is not doing what it is been told to do, which means the controller is bad.

Replace it with an Alltrax XCT48400-TXT48 (or larger), which is user programmable and will kick the speed up to about 24MPH on stock height (18") tires, but can be set to lower speeds if so desired.

Here is where I get most of my stuff: https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:41 PM   #13
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Paper clip or probes with a point. What happens with the meter + on yellow and meter - on the blue wire at the solenoid.
6.73 with key and r/t switch on
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:08 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
6.73 with key and r/t switch on
Is the pedal pushed??????

When the pedal is pushed with key and r/t and a direction selected on the f/R, there ought to be close to 49.8x (or whatever the battery pack voltage is at the time) between the yellow and blue wires.

--------------
From the voltage reading already posted, I'm about 99.999% sure the controller is bad.

With the 16-pin plug disconnected there was 48V on Pin-12, so we know 48V is being applied to the solenoid coil. When pedal was pushed, there was 48V on Pin-6, which would tell the controller to connect Pin-12 to B- if the 16-pin plug was connected to the controller.

The solenoid does not click when 16-pin plug is connected to the controller with R/T in Run, Key ON, F/R in F or R, no charger connected to cart and pedal is pushed.

Conclusion: Main Coil Driver inside controller is not working.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:29 PM   #15
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok. Awesome. You guys have been a ton of help. Let me swap it and we’ll see what we got.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:32 PM   #16
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Okay. So there is at least 48V on the yellow wire at the solenoid and the solenoid does not click when pedal is pushed while the Run/Tow is in Run, key is ON and the F/R is in either F or R?

Next step is to check for battery pack voltage on the backside of the 16 pin plug while it is plugged into the controller.

There ought to be at least 48V on the following pins when cart is ready to driven forward except pedal being pushed:
Pin-5
Pin-8 (only when f/r is in F -- Pin-16 when in R)
Pin-9
Pin-10
Pin-12 (Solenoid coil feed-through)

Press pedal and Pin-6 should get 48V on it and Pin-12 should go to 0V and solenoid should click.

Sorry guys Covid cost me my job so this cart got put on hold. Now back at it.

Bought a new controller. Just got a factory one.

Now here is the issue...

When I press pedal Pin-6 has no volts. Pin-12 does not go to 0 v and solenoid does not click. What would this be???
Old 08-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
When I press pedal Pin-6 has no volts. Pin-12 does not go to 0 v and solenoid does not click. What would this be???
If Pin12 has something close to pack voltage on it, than the pedal switch is either bad or the wiring connecting the pedal switch to the Run/Tow switch is bad.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:47 AM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

These carts are showing up more and more. There is a group of wires coming from the run tow switch that feed the other circuits and that junction is showing up as a failure point. I’m betting your problem is there.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:39 PM   #19
Redrum323
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Johnnie B, will the same procedures work on a 2013 EZGO 48 V TXT Freedom Model ? I have been experiencing the same symptoms with my cart and I have been following this thread. Thanks in advance.
Redrum323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:40 PM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I’m not jb but the answer is yes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO