lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2020, 02:11 PM   #1
golfer188910
Not Yet Wild

Default CTS controller rebuild issues

BGW friends,

If you have seen my latest threads you will know I have a new project that I need all the help I can get on.

Background: I have a rebuilt 550AMP controller from CTS (originally the stock 225AMP curtis. I also have a D&D high speed motor in there. The cart should be a beast when it comes to speed (IMO). My neighbor has a 600AMP navitas & a high speed motor in his series cart and the thing SCOOTS! (his is same tire size & has a rear seat. My neighbor did say he can program his to adjust torque/speed etc...

MY QUESTION:

1) Does anyone have a contact for CTS? Or did they close down years ago?
2) If no one has a contact for CTS... does anyone know if their rebuilt controllers are programmable? I.E. adjust it to the motor.

FYI 20 on flat but SLOWWW uphill im talking 12MPH with no one in the cart windshield down. A gust of wind on a flat hill will make this thing some to a hault. Low end torque is good, but anything over 9-10 is rough. EDIT: I do not have HD FNR switch, HD selenoid, and I am running 4 gauge cables if that helps. Any other opinions on why mine is slower w/ less torque please let me know.
golfer188910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2020, 03:29 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: CTS controller rebuild issues

That controller you have is not a "Programmable" in the sense of what we know today as a smart controller (Like Alltrax and Navitas). Those you connect a laptop or app to and can adjust most all the parameters available to the end user.

I have not heard of CTS and doubt they are around (at least Nationally) as we would have seen something of their products.

Your best alternative is to get you a new Alltrax XCT (Sepex) or SR (Series), whichever you have, and choose the amperage you want.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contact, controller, cts, programmable?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car