lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2020, 09:24 PM   #1
Harrybraud
Not Yet Wild

Default Jerky throttle

I have a 2005 Yamaha g22 cart. I have a Alltrax g18 controller and a white lightning motor on it. When you give it the gas to go it jerks and when you watch the monitor on the lap top you can see that the throttle goes in and out. I replaced the cables solinoid and it still does the same thing. I got them to send me a new controller and same problem it did it even before I replaced the motor could it be the accelerator switch
Harrybraud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2020, 04:04 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Jerky throttle

Never heard of a alltrax "g18", or a white lightning motor in my 13 years at the cart dealership. And, "throttle goes in & out", does that mean alltrax is reporting "throttle percentage" is varying, or does that mean "it drives funny"?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:46 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Maybe he means he has a Alltrax set up for a G18 in a G22. If so, could be a problem if the throttle signal was different. I don't know Yamaha throttle signals.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 01:37 PM   #4
Harrybraud
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Never heard of a alltrax "g18", or a white lightning motor in my 13 years at the cart dealership. And, "throttle goes in & out", does that mean alltrax is reporting "throttle percentage" is varying, or does that mean "it drives funny"?
I can watch the throttle % on the laptop when I'm driving it and when you give it the gas it will start to come up and then it will drop out for a split second and come back. I was just wondering if cleaning the acceleration sensor and adjusting the spring in it if that will help out been trying to figure this out for a while. The white lightning motor is basically my stock motor that I sent off to a company in Florida and they just reworked it to go faster
Harrybraud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha