lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2021, 08:12 AM   #1
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Addictive as hell

Okay....I said I was not going to do it.. but here I go.. as usual.. both feet...lol

So, got the wiring harnesses in. I verified by placing them next to the old ones I still had and I have the key switch, the pedal, the front ..heck.. I have the "unique connections".. lol.. the rest...eh, not worried about it as the LED stuff replaces anything left.

Here's where I "went off the rails.."...

Sanded down the front body section. Working on the aft body section next. Once that is done....

I ordered 4 cans of Raptor Red bed liner.. heh... so, the outside will be done in red.

Now, I plan to do the inside of the body in black first.. not Raptor.. sheesh.. too expensive...but I plan to spray the entire thing with the primer.. let it dry, then spray the Duplicolor bed liner on the under-side of the body parts.

I also have Rustoleum bed liner, black, for the frame itself (I was trying both brands out to see how they did).

Right now, having to drill out the battery rack bolts as I could not get them off... still can't lol.. got the rear 3 off, but the front two are a motha... so, will replace those with stainless. (I have a lot of stainless nuts and bolts from boat stuff heh).

Then, by the end of the month....I have decided to order an Alltrax SR48500 from Scotty because he's the man with the plan ;)

I am still debating the lift kit and/or new shocks. I want a nice comfortable and stable ride, not too too concerned with bling, but plan to add nice custom wheels later.

So, I have to wait a month to order the engine, but am going with the AMD 7126 because @Sir Nuke is cool and who wouldn't want a hot rod like his, right?;)

Oh... I will go ahead and give a sneak peek at the seats. Maybe not as nice as most the awesome custom jobs here, but they are unique and free, heh.. so... they look plenty nice to me ;) I will accent them with a carbon dash and maybe some bling on the running boards ;)

So far so good I guess.

Will be getting the motor next month and may be able to grab the batteries the following.

Oh, will also be painting the roof black bed liner.

Russ

p.s. I sure do appreciate all the help and input guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4104.jpg (141.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4233.jpg (150.3 KB, 0 views)
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2021, 08:27 AM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Addictive as hell

Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:34 AM   #3
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh, got a small bondo kit to fill in some deep cuts in the body.. I suppose that should work well enough.
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:44 AM   #4
kofifi
Getting Wild

LOL
Let the addiction begin!!!
kofifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:21 PM   #5
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Very nice!

I'm in the middle of mine too! I have the body pieces at my friends shop getting sprayed. I have a laundry list of other things I'm doing.

I hope to be finished once I get it put back together...
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO