lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
roxter
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart only goes in reverse

I am new to the golf cart world and live in an area that has very steep hills. I purchased a 2005 EZ GO PDS w/ a lift and oversized tires.

Today, I drove the cart around the neighborhood for a while and up and down various hills. When I was almost home the cart locked up the breaks and shifted into reverse...the F/R switch was still set on forward yet the cart started to go in reverse.

The reverse alarm and reverse seems to perform fine when switched to R, but I can no longer go forward at all. The cart will go in reverse regardless of where the f/r switch is set too.

I am wondering if this is the behavior that I should expect from a faulty controller unit? I just replaced all the batteries w/ brand new Trojan T-105's on this 36-volt cart.
roxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
Lugger52
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart only goes in reverse

Roster
I've developed the same problem after putting in new batteries. What was your fix?
Thanks,
Lugger52
Lugger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:00 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are both describing a controller failure. In a Sepex drive system the F&R switching is done by the controller, this is just one of the ways they fail.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Lugger52
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ScottyB,
Thanks for the confirmation. I pretty much isolated it using the ezgo manuals. So where can I purchase one for a reasonable price and why do they go bad when you replace batteries? Thanks

Lugger52
Lugger52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, ez go battery, f/r, no forward, reverse only
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO