lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 96 ezgo lift what kind

Alright I just bought a 96 ezgo that I am planning on lifting and putting 22" swamp fox tires on for deer hunting. My question is what kind of lift would I be best off with. I have gathered that Jake's lifts are the way to go but I am unsure which is better a 6" spindle lift or a 5" axle lift. I will be going down a lot of feild roads and across some ruff feilds with it so what do you guys think?
BLUE72CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

Default Re: 96 ezgo lift what kind

there are many different lifts and many different opinions...

for the rough terrain ilike the long travel kit.. but it might be to wide fo some of the trails... im not a hunter so im not such on how narrow the trails are... if your going to run 22" tall tires then you only need a 5" lift.. im just saying
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedCarts View Post
there are many different lifts and many different opinions...

for the rough terrain ilike the long travel kit.. but it might be to wide fo some of the trails... im not a hunter so im not such on how narrow the trails are... if your going to run 22" tall tires then you only need a 5" lift.. im just saying
Yeah I looked at the long travel kits to and they are cool but they are to much $$$ for what I am going to use this for. I mean I only gave $1500 for the cart so putting a $1000 front suspension on it just doesnt seem like the thing to do.

So that is why I am stuck between the spindle or axle lift.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

not sure what sites your looking at but the lon g travel for that year is not that much even with shipping.. but a drop beam is very cheap in price to...there is a $500.00 difference between the too
Old 11-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedCarts View Post
not sure what sites your looking at but the lon g travel for that year is not that much even with shipping.. but a drop beam is very cheap in price to...there is a $500.00 difference between the too
Yeah $500 is a pretty big difference when the low option is under $300 though. So is a drop axle better than a spindle lift? I guess that is the question I am really needing answered. It seems like it would be to me but I am new to the golf cart world.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

for that early cart we sell the drop beam for a 5" lift 2001.5 and newer we sell a 5" drop spindle... and they are way under $300.00
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO