lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Stevesc3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Heaters For Club Car DS

Hi All,
Does anyone have experience with propane heaters in a DS? What brands and models would be recommended? I assume electric heaters will draw lots of power. Is that correct? Thanks,Steve
Stevesc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Heaters For Club Car DS

Heater? You are in Florida!! Seriously, I have seen a drop in availability of these the past 2 years. Mr. Heater made one, but I haven't ordered any for customers for quite some time. I'll do a search in my catalog to see if anything pops up...

Check these out...

https://www.onlinecatalogsystem.net/...rchresults.htm

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
mturkett
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The Coleman brand propane heaters that come with the bottle cup work well if you have an enclosure. I used mine this winter in 20 degree weather and all I needed was a light jacket in the cart. Note: Club Car did make two typed of cup holders in their carts. The ones made after 2000 are the ones you need as the bottom of the cup holder has slots that will expand to hold the propane bottle holder. The older ones will not work and the bottle will vibrate out of the cup holder.
mturkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesc3 View Post
Hi All,
Does anyone have experience with propane heaters in a DS? What brands and models would be recommended? I assume electric heaters will draw lots of power. Is that correct? Thanks,Steve
If you decide to use the propane be very careful,I have seen some melted windshields and even read where some people have burnt up their golf cars.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was going to use the coleman golfcat heater that goes in the cupholder but was concerned about it melting the enclosure and windshield due to the location of the cupholder. I ended up finding a Mr. Heater. It is a small space heater meant to be used in a utility trailer, I put beam clamps on the top trim of the passenger side glove box and mounted it there works good and cost the same as the golfcat. I will try to get some pics and post them if you are interested.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
mturkett
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Have never seen one of the Golfcat heaters affect the windshield. They can and will melt the plastic on the enclusure if you are not careful (my wife accidentally hit one with her foot causing it to spin in the cup holder and make contact with the enclosure). I usually angle the heater so that it faces the driver if possible. If you are lucky enough to own one of the Fore Concepts enclosures then it will not be a problem at all.
mturkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #7
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I got tired of my golfcat heater bouncing out of the cupholder so I mounted a divot bottle holder in the middle of the lower half of my windshield. The propane canister fits perfectly in it and it is very secure. Sits low enough it doesn't block your vision out of the windshield and it doesn't take up cupholder space.
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you can see the sand bottle below the steering wheel, that is for my golfcat heater in cold weather. Extra sand in warm weather.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (504.4 KB, 0 views)
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #9
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

this is the heater i have......
it works awesome.......fumes aren't bad either

ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #10
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

It's a pretty old thread, but I'll pitch in!

No heater here! I just dress warm!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car