lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
brnsimns
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need a manual for 1990 2 stroke E Z GO

I need to change the starter belt on my 1990 2 stroke it looks like I might have to take the drive clutch off to do this. Does anyone know where to get a service manual or can someone give me a tip for changing the starter belt.
brnsimns is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need a manual for 1990 2 stroke E Z GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnsimns View Post
I need to change the starter belt on my 1990 2 stroke it looks like I might have to take the drive clutch off to do this. Does anyone know where to get a service manual or can someone give me a tip for changing the starter belt.
To remove the starter/generator belt all you need to do is loosen the tension bolt that expands between the starter/generator and the engine. You also might have to loosen the nuts that hold the starter generator so it will tip to allow the belt to slip off. You then need to slip the drive belt off of the clutch. It might not "slip" off but with some grunting, groaning and pulling, you will be able to get the betf off.

When you get the drive belt off you will also be able to move the cart around by easily pushing it where you want it to go.

That is a lot easier than taking the clutch off. Even is you get the clutch off you will still need to loosen the tension bolt to get the belt off.

Clem
Workstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO