lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
dieselmd
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default G-16 fuel problem

I am losing fuel flow through the filter, and to the engine. When the engine first fires up, I can see good flow through the filter, but then it slows down to almost nothing. Without a much load on the engine it will usually run so so, but go up a hill, or put a load on, and it stalls out.

I checked, and also replaced fuel lines. Cleaned the fuel pump, and then replaced, filter is good. I am getting air flow from the breather to the pump.

I am an wondering if I may need to make adjustments to the carb? I did ad the Zemco exhaust header, and replaced the stock filter with an aftermarket K&N type.

I am an ignorant when it comes to troubleshooting carbs.
dieselmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2010, 06:06 AM   #2
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G-16 fuel problem

Did you put a larger jet in the carb? whith the new low flow filter you need to rejet.
breugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
dieselmd
Getting Wild
Yamaha

That I did not.... I do recall reading about that previously, and forgot about it.

Thanks much, I'll give it a shot.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
dogpile
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Rejet and you will be fine! I had the same issue. It would run if you choked it but its just not getting enough fuel with all the new air.

I bought the largest one possible, I THINK.04. Here is where I got mine and it works perfectly....

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/carb-je...22-lifted.html

Call them and ask them for the biggest. Tell them what you have done to the cart and they will work with you. The one in the attached link is the smaller of the two and the larger one is there if you call.

Good Luck....
dogpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
dogpile
Getting Wild

Yamaha

You can also drill your main jet... you can purchase a very small set of bits and start small and get a bit larger and larger until the cart runs well..
dogpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
dieselmd
Getting Wild
Yamaha

the new jet worked out as recommended. thanks for everyones feedback and info
Old 05-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Dog--Do you have the Zemco header, or something else? I would like to put a header on mine sometime--just not sure which one. Something that isn't too loud.

Diesel--How do you like the Zemco? Is it very loud? Did you use the CCP jet from the link?

Thanks---
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
dieselmd
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I do have the Zemco header, and really like it. I picked it up from Jake's. The one they sell has a ceramic coating vs. chrome. I called and asked about that, and the reason they changed was the Chrome finish was discoloring quickly. With my G-16, the muffler laid up against my brake line. I found and purchased a Hi-temp ceramic sleeve rated at 500 deg F continuious, and 1200deg intermittant.

I did use the jet from the link. As it was after hours, and I needed it in a hurry, I ordered the one on the link. It is working perfectly.

BTW, sorry for the late response, I have been battling internet problems.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha