lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
87cartny
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help with a 87 G2A

Hi guys this is my fisrt post on here!! I bought this cart for my mom to get around in and I am having some issues that maybe you guys can help me out on. Its a 1987 G2A gas cart. I have totally cleaned the carb twice on it and it was not even that dirty, I drained all the old gas out and replaced it with fresh gas, I replaced the plastic intake cause it was falling apart, new gasket, new air filter and I replaced all the air lid straps. It will start up and move some, but as soon as you give it more throttle it will just bog down and shut off, if you hold the choke out it will run pretty good, so it must be lean right? Now what do I do to fix it? We have that *** E-10 gas around here if that has anything to do with it, Any help would be greatly apprecitated!!
87cartny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

Default Re: Need help with a 87 G2A

check your mixture screw (the big one on the gas tank side of the carb) it needs to be out 1 1/2 turns after being lightly seated.
and to see if its running lean or not, pul the plug and record the colour of the centre electrod. post a pic if unsure. white/grey is lean, and black is rich. you want a nice light brown.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
87cartny
Not Yet Wild

I have it set 1 1/2 turns out and played with it and makes no difference, anything past like 1/4 throttle and it just bogs right out. It will run perfect with the choke fully closed. I have cleaned the carb 2 times, I let it soak or 3 days and everything looks good. I am wondering if I need to jet up cause of the *** e-10 gas we have here. The air cleaner lid seems sealed pretty good, new plug and fresh gas, idk its driving me crazy tho.lol
Old 07-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Try running the cart with the aircleaner disconnected. If it runs better,,,air box problem. It's not that uncommon.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
87cartny
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Try running the cart with the aircleaner disconnected. If it runs better,,,air box problem. It's not that uncommon.
Well I gave it a shot and it would hardly run at all. Taking the airbox off would make it run more lean correct?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha