lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
RSWORDS
Not Yet Wild

Default New To Golf Carting... Jumping in head first!

Whats up everyone, Some quick background on myself...

My name is Bobby and my main love in life (Goes witout saying, aside from my wife) is performance diesel trucks and I'm a Staff member of a Large diesel forum. Well owning two Cummins from my hobbie and liking to travel I naturally bought a camper to go on trips. Well now that I go camping I needed a cart to cruise around in! Isint it great how these things work!

Anyway some friends had this old Yamaha sitting behind teh shed and told me to take it, he was tired of cutting grass around it... I *think* its a G2 but not confident in that at all, can anyone give me some info on it and maybe a manual?

It has no batterys but I hooked up two 12v I had just to make sure it was running.

Gonna go through and clean, paint, and fix the little things that are wrong. I need to fab up new battery trays as the old ones are rusted but other then that it looks real solid. Plans are for a nice flame red paint job, some big black wheels and low profile tires. Also I've seen a few air ride carts... any good info on them?

Can i run a higher volt system with this motor? Figure if I have to buy batteries anyway might as well get the 8V and do a 48v cart, unless they are WAY more expensive. Any good write ups on them?

Thanks and now for some pics!

RSWORDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
RSWORDS
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New To Golf Carting... Jumping in head first!

Little video of the testing, forward and reverse work well...

Old 09-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
RSWORDS
Not Yet Wild

After some more reading I think it is a 1992 G9E... is that right?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Yep, it's a G9-e with a 36 volt solid state controller. If you wanted to update to 48 volts, you'd need a new controller and solenoid and a new charger. That could get really expensive. Good luck on your project.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
RSWORDS
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I think I'll just stick with 36v for now then. Need to get some new batteries, Any reviews on the StowAway STGC2 from sams club? I know that the ah's are on teh lower side of the scale but this thing will only see minumum run time at teh campground before pugging in every night. maybe an hour or two of run time. Will I be happy with teh performance of these batteries?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #6
RSWORDS
Not Yet Wild

Nothing on the sam's club batteries?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
RSWORDS
Not Yet Wild

Anyone point me towards a good 48v controller?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha