lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Elec vs. Gas?

I have a chance to buy an electric yamaha golf cart pretty cheap. I have a gas one home and I love it. What is better? I guess what are the plusses of an electric over gas. It seems to me ( rather uninformed) that gas is a lot better for some reasons I can think of like the expense of batteries and their range
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Elec vs. Gas?

Electric is quiet & clean. Gas is less expensive to make it go fast.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

what is needed to make an electric go fast?
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

MONEY!!! LOL Just kidding. It all boils down to final use of the cart. Cruising on level terrain-electric. Climbing lots of hills and running through the woods-gas.IMO It is simply a matter of preference. I like electrics because of the non-polluting qualities. I ride on level terrain with a few small hills. I take my cart to Myrtle Beach, S.C. to Ocean Lakes Campground and they do not allow gassers. There are a myriad of reasons for one or the other, it still boils down to preference.
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

about $2000....batteries (cost dependant on how many volts you're running or how many you have, 6-8v or 8-6v if only running 48v) motor, controller, solenoid, SOC meter, bigger cables than the stock 6 gauge. Electric is better in muddy/wet conditions where the drive belt on a gasser can get wet and slip. A'lot of campgrounds now are starting to only allow electric carts.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Jeremy70
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I think gas would be better just cause of the fact that every 5 years or so you have to get new batteries. I do not have a cart yet cause I am undecided on this very question.
Jeremy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Gas for me, putz in the yard daily, run to get the mail, take the garbage to the
dump station, meet the geezers for breakfast, go fish in the back ponds,
fill the bird feeders and every few weeks put some gas in it. It has never
been full of gas since I have owned it.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
TCS
Not Yet Wild

I like elec over gas ANYDAY ! like i tell everyone that complains abouth the COST OF BATTERIES if you put $5.00 a week in your sock draw which is about the same amount as you would spend in GAS every week.then when it comes time to buy batteries you will have the money.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #9
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

I like the electric carts. and Gas! lol. As stated, the electrics are so quiet and no smell for stuff like hunting. Gassers are a lot cheaper to make go faster and you don't have to worry about charging or running out of juice in the middle of nowhere. I have one of each. My stock ezgo ST Sport 2 would run 17-18 mph stock with a governor adjustment. My ezgo txt series cart will run about 10-12 mph stock. To get it to go 17-18 mph, I'm going to have to spend $1500-$2000 bucks as stated above. Despite the cost, I'm currently obsessed with learning about and upgrading my electric.
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS View Post
I like elec over gas ANYDAY ! like i tell everyone that complains abouth the COST OF BATTERIES if you put $5.00 a week in your sock draw which is about the same amount as you would spend in GAS every week.then when it comes time to buy batteries you will have the money.
You must be dealin with some gas carts that get crappy mileage. I put $7 or $8 in mine & it'll last for weeks.... sometimes months.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha