lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: New here, need

welcome to BGW ...............if your gonna do it yourself grab a service manual......its the best money you,ll spend......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #12
JMP
Not Yet Wild

Where would the best place to get a service Manuel?
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
JMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

try some sponsers here and if nothing somewhere on the web...........maybe even yama if they have a website..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #14
JMP
Not Yet Wild

OK, Thanks, I got the whole cart down to the frame today. Getting excited to get this thing going. I'm just trying get it down to exactly what I'm going to need as far as parts to make it solid state. brand of components, model ect...
Old 06-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #15
JMP
Not Yet Wild

Can I use a controller from a ez-go, club car ect...? Or does it have to be Yamaha specific? Also by going solid state, this will eliminate the big coil thing and old controller? Just want to make sure I'm not removing anything I'm not supposed to ...lol. I just ordered a manuel to help me understand this thing a little more. It doesn't look like a heck of alot to these things but so confusing hahahahha.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #16
GIJOE98
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smile Re: New here, need

As far as I know you can use any controller as long as it's designed for a series motor. Keep in mind that when you choose your controller you need to make sure it's compatible with the potentiometer you choose to control your throttle.

More then likely you'll be removing most of your electronics. The large resistor coil, the speed control box (throttle) in front of it. and everything thing else bolted that that bracket. If you don't upgrade to a high amp controller you could probably keep your existing f/r switch. If you do want more torque then you'll have to replace the switch with a heavy duty version.

here's a sample wiring diagram that I used as reference when planning my cart: http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...O-Wire-Dia.pdf

Alltrax has a few documents here that might be good to read.

for my system (which is mostly an ezgo now) I used an alltrax 500 amp controller, Curtis pb-6 potentiometer, ezgo heavy duty forward/reverse switch, and a 400 amp contactor. the alltrax axe 4855 is a programmable controller and costs a bit more then a non programmable, but I wanted to be able to set top speed for when kids are around.

For your lights and other 12v electronics you might consider adding a 36v-12v reducer so they draw the load from the entire battery pack versus just two batteries. or you can purchase a decent 12v battery and mount it separate from the rest of the system and hook just your lights up to it.

Joe
GIJOE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #17
JMP
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJOE98 View Post
As far as I know you can use any controller as long as it's designed for a series motor. Keep in mind that when you choose your controller you need to make sure it's compatible with the potentiometer you choose to control your throttle.

More then likely you'll be removing most of your electronics. The large resistor coil, the speed control box (throttle) in front of it. and everything thing else bolted that that bracket. If you don't upgrade to a high amp controller you could probably keep your existing f/r switch. If you do want more torque then you'll have to replace the switch with a heavy duty version.

here's a sample wiring diagram that I used as reference when planning my cart: http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...O-Wire-Dia.pdf

Alltrax has a few documents here that might be good to read.

for my system (which is mostly an ezgo now) I used an alltrax 500 amp controller, Curtis pb-6 potentiometer, ezgo heavy duty forward/reverse switch, and a 400 amp contactor. the alltrax axe 4855 is a programmable controller and costs a bit more then a non programmable, but I wanted to be able to set top speed for when kids are around.

For your lights and other 12v electronics you might consider adding a 36v-12v reducer so they draw the load from the entire battery pack versus just two batteries. or you can purchase a decent 12v battery and mount it separate from the rest of the system and hook just your lights up to it.

Joe
Thanks a million!!! This is what I needed(something in english I can understand) lol. I don't think I will need a programmable controller so I will probably go with a regular non-programmable if it's going to save me a couple bucks. I removed all of the controls and got the entire frame coated with undercoating today. It's starting to look like something
Old 07-01-2011, 04:56 AM   #18
JMP
Not Yet Wild

Well after doing some more research, I think I'm going to just order a upgrade controller kit from Scottyb. I have to re-up my funds first. We just had to pay out $1100 for my dog's surgery.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #19
GIJOE98
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

sounds good :D

sorry to hear bout your dog

Joe
GIJOE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha