lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #31
MACKM
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: yet another issue

For the heck of it, I took the solenoid out and apart and filed down the contacts to clean them up. Still the same problem. So it's another controller.

The guy who sold me the rebuilt one must feel bad because he's going to give me one out of his old carts in order to prove out the failure. If it works, I will be saving up to buy a new one and ditching the rebuilt controller all together.

My original post back in May asked, should I put money into this one or buy a new one. I went the route of putting money in and now I am at $1800. Paid $800 for the cart originally. I guess you get what you pay for. I should trademark that phrase......LOL...

Thanks againg to all that helped me this far...
MACKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Keep us posted here, Mack.
Would be nice to know if a working controller fixes it?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #33
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

so 800 for cart and 1000 in it? i hope the controller cures your ills and if you decide to sell it i think you,ll get your money back out of it............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #34
MACKM
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Keep us posted here, Mack.
Would be nice to know if a working controller fixes it?
Update: I installed a different controller over the weekend and there was an immediate improvement in both low end power as well as top speed. So it was the controller. Just for confirmation, if the stock controller was a 275amp and this one out of a similar cart is pushing 400amps, am I looking at another problem in a month or so with something burning out? Earlier in the thread, it was said that this could have been what melted the motor. I would like to avoid that.....

There is a 2 conductor wire coming off of the 0-5K throttle assembly, (PB-5) i think that is what I remember. Metering the two conductors, it produces an increase in voltage the further you depress the go peddle. This wire is normally connected to a micro switch that shorts the two conductors when in reverse. When the wires are shorted, the cart is noticeably dogged down probably for safety reasons when driving in reverse. My question is where does that power originate from. I do not see any other wires traveling to the PB-5 except from the controller. Is voltage being supplied from the controller on the 1 & 2 pins where the 0-5K connections are made.

I know I should just be happy it's running and not be asking more questions but it made me curious.

Thank again everyone.
MACKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO