lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: I need your full honest g1 opinion

Just to compare lifted carts here go for maybe around $3K give or take, and are fairly new carts. A guy I know just bought a Rhino for $5K a 2004. It looks like brand new and included some accessories. A Rhino is better than about any cart in any way, full independent suspension, full roll cage, more power, 4wd push button and locking diff, nice seats, roof, full lights, etc, etc.....for $5K. Why pay $1K for a 25 yr old pos that needs new parts? Yeah I know you spend what you have to spend, just saying I would be very careful and massively careful if you can't do a rebuild on your own.

I can rebuild about anything having worked on carts and small engines to start with and eventually a lot of automotive/marine things, but why would I do it if I am not getting paid in value? I don't. I can only guess that retirees are pushing up the value of cheap carts. All this lifting carts started because they were so cheap to buy but now you are getting close to value of a used side by side which is a far better machine.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #22
TDAWG
Gone Wild

An un-altered gas G1 is the best all around "golf cart" ever made to date. They are all old so it may be tough to find a good one but if you do, you will understand.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #23
The kid
Getting Wild

Anybody know avg g1 speed governed vs ungoverned
The kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #24
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Stock G1's are governed for 12 MPH max. Ungoverned speed depends on the mods you do to it. They can be fast enough to be scary and unsafe. Remember you need to stop that thing. According to my manual the brakes were designed to stop the buggy in about 15 ft at 12 MPH. At higher speeds it is going to take a lot longer to stop.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #25
The kid
Getting Wild

I'm sure I could fab up something
The kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #26
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'd go for a G1 in a minute I have 3 of them and one of them in which I ride everyday only has 68lbs. compression and it starts everytime and runs like its almost new. I pull trees with it pull a 60 finish mower behind it and mow almost 3 acres with it, I have pulled a couple junk cars with it up to almost a mile. And before I bought the one I use everyday the fellow that I got it off of used it almost everyday and on the weekends pulled race cars with it to get them started at the race way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g62.JPG (44.9 KB, 16 views)
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All these stories about great G1s have one thing in common ...... a good little 2 stroke gasoline engine.
My original reply was about all the old electric resistor coil G1s we are seeing here, I should have been more specific... Good to hear so many of the old 2 strokes are still in service.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #28
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I had one over 30mph, all stock on the outside and mostly stock under the hood. Yeah you did not want to turn fast on the road with it wound out, but on wet grass it was the master of powerslides.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #29
Blake8504
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

anyone interesetd in buying a stock running one in pretty good shape?
Blake8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #30
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

G1s keep eluding me, either there is a problem with the cart or price or I just spent on some other project. I guess its not that high on my list, but some day I will have another one lol.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha