lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
Canadian_zuk
Not Yet Wild

Default Secondary clutch puller - bolt hole spacing

Hello all, great site!

This is my first post after reading here for several days now. Great information and alot of excellent tips.

I just picked up a new spring, ramp shoes and input spacer for my Moms new to her 1990 Yamaha gas cart and will need to remove the scondary clutch.

Does anybody know the distance between centers of the two 6mm bolt holes in the secondary clutch? I plan on making the puller myself, but do not have access to the cart at the moment as it is up North.

I need the distance between the two siver bolts in the pic below.

Thank you in advance.

-CZ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puller.jpg (33.4 KB, 4 views)
Canadian_zuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Secondary clutch puller - bolt hole spacing

I used a small multipurpose puller, the type where you can use 3 bolts or just 2 on my G1 secondary. Don't know the exact measurements but i would say they are 3-4 inches apart. If you can make slots for your bolts you should be ok.
The spacing in the picture looks smaller, if you estimate the larger bolt to be about a 3/4" bolt, the round threaded piece about 1" in diameter, then the small bolts look to be about 2.5 inches apart. Can't measure as my cart is not home.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I made one for my 97 G-16 and just measured the spacing. It measures 2.335 in. center to center. I checked and the 97 is the same spacing as yours, so there you go. You can make the two holes a little oversize and use washers on the 6 mm screws. Hope this helps - RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 08-31-2011 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: confirmed application years.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #4
Canadian_zuk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
I made one for my 97 G-16 and just measured the spacing. It measures 2.335 in. center to center. I checked and the 97 is the same spacing as yours, so there you go. You can make the two holes a little oversize and use washers on the 6 mm screws. Hope this helps - RAY
Thanks RAY, That is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to measure a clutch for me.

-Steve
Canadian_zuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha