lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Well, SO MUCH for a shorter belt, sheesh ...

SO - I finally got around to putting a brand new HP3004 belt on my cart yesterday, and realized that with the way my cart is set up, I wasn't very happy with the changes it had made ... I decided to tough it out and let it break in for a day or two just to be safe, and today while I was running a relatively long stretch at high speed (about a mile each way) I let off the throttle and suddenly there was a brand new "uh oh" noise I've never heard before *gulp*

So I pull over and lift the seat, and I notice something plastic on the trail a ways back, and as soon as I opened her up I realized that the shorter belt had actually caused the engine cradle to shift so severely under deaccel that the clutch cover wore completely through against the engine shroud (see pic) which resulted in the entire end of the cover parting ways with the cart (yep - the plastic on the trail - thank god I saved it so I don't have to buy another button, whew)

DSCF6915.jpg

Bottom line, I have been putting off replacing the rest of my engine cradle mounts for awhile (I had to replace one and it was a pain in the *** to drill out, etc so I just said "screw the rest of them") so technically, this could be a large percentage of MY fault, but as to my experience with the HP3004 belt, so far NOT so good!

Anyone needs a new HP3004 with less than 30 minutes total drive time (the belt is perfect) I will sell it shipped to your door for what I paid before shipping, $30 (saves you $8.99 shipping charges) - hit me up with a PM if interested, these belts seem to be the hot ticket for some people - just not me !!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Well, SO MUCH for a shorter belt, sheesh ...

What plastic cover?? Mine came off a long time ago with the stock belt.Came off while still having the stock belt on . I don't use it or need it and my cart does fine without it. But ofd course I don't use the gov either.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Yeah, I keep the governor functional for the occasional (OK, regular) drunk buddy who gets to hammering on the cart, plus she gets into some pretty muddy, wet, etc situations so I figure anthing I can do to keep the clutch clean and working after 23 years is a good idea, all things considered ...
Old 09-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
amcjeep
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

What does the shorter belt do for you? More top speed?
amcjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

it actually gives you more power on hills and smoother takeoff, due to it engaging at a different RPM point than stock and allowing the cart to upshift sooner - the sacrifice, in turn, is a couple of MPH off the top end (not enough to really be noticeable).
Old 09-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Dale, you know how much I respect you but for the love of God man replace the other three engine mounts. One day they are going to let go and that little 2PG is going to leap through the seat and clamp down on your a$$. Your world is going to be one horrid mess of blood and faeces.
And BTW rokclr you really do need a cover on that thing just to keep the dirt and grit ruining your buttons.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

on the schedule for friday day, Dave - I wasn't really picturing *quite* the cataclysmic event you described, LOL, but yeah, it's beyond time.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #8
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Haha admit it I scared you into doing it. Good luck I hope the job goes well. If it stops the lateral movement on your motor you could then try the shorter belt (if you still have it) and be in an ideal position to make a subjective assessment.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #9
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

that was my thought (the belt thing) ... in FACT, I'm neck-deep in a project coating some subwoofer enclusures with bedliner right now but it's going well and if all falls into place (meaning something doesn't p*** me off and force me to head for the bar to unwind) I'm actually planning on giving the rear mounts a shot sometime today - so the incentive (if not the mental picture) is greatly appreciated, Amigo !!!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well BCM,

I'd take you up on that belt, but I think the 2PG and 3PG have different belt sizes.

Subwoofer enclosures! Good news!

I've built my stereo console, and was going to mount it the other day - after listening to it I thought I'd need a subwoofer too (impractical for golfing however). Except, just this past two weeks, both of the rear mounting bolts that hold on my canopy have sheared off, and my roof is being held on with (yes, believe it) zip ties.

Think I'm going to need a new strategy here........
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO