lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
ajp
Not Yet Wild

Default ec25-2pg engine help

hello,i have an 83 ezgo.was riding it about 2 weeks ago and it started making a funny noise then quit on me.got off checked all the gas spots everything looked good try to turn the motor over and it was making a metal on metal noise.after looking at it i found that the oil pump was not pumping so i took the spark plug out and put some oil in it and turned the motor over to try to keep it from locking up. it would spin good with the plug out.now i can not hardly get it to turn over with my hands and it makes a little clank noise when i turn it over one time.what could this be ?trying to figure out what ill need to rebuild it.my next plans are too take the motor out and look at it.i have never worked on 2 cycles much before.any help would be greatly appreciated!
ajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
ajp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ec25-2pg engine help

ok i have the engine torn apart.the piston and rings look fine to me.but even with all this off it is still hard to turn,think it may be a bearing.im at the point where the next thing to come out is the crank shaft.how do you take this out?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
cart newbee
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Take out the bolts holding the two engine halves together. My bearings were so far gone that I could tap the block apart, but you may have to press the crank out. I had the old bearings pressed off and the new bearings pressed back on. Then I had the block pressed back together. A buddy of mine has a press so it didn't cost me anything, but a small engine shop shouldn't charge you mutch to do this. If I had it torn down that far, I would put in a complete rebuild kit. For a few hundred bucks, you could have a new engine. Check out the site sponsors for a rebuild kit. Then remove the oil pump and throw it as far as you can. Start pre-mixing your gas. 40/1 on first tank after rebuild, then 128/1 (one oz per gal) after that. Hope this helps.
cart newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Before splitting the crankcase you will need to remove the clutch and the flywheel. Have you done this yet? If not do you need some detailed instructions?

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
Before splitting the crankcase you will need to remove the clutch and the flywheel. Have you done this yet? If not do you need some detailed instructions?
Dave
Hee hee. I'm not sure cursing, drinking beer, and getting a contact high from PB would qualify as instructions, eh? Don't think I'll be of much help.....
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
ajp
Not Yet Wild

no i have not done this yet.any instructions would be appreciated.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is my rebuild thread where I started taking the clutch and the flywheel off. Clutch was not too bad. Flywheel was %$@#*&%$.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...rebuild-5.html

And here's a thread solely about clutch removal:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...go-clutch.html
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO