lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
Rbtx
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 purchase check list?

I have found what I believe is a G1 for sale and I don't know anything about what to look for or check before purchasing other than the usual rust visual damage. I am looking for help with the drive train are there any tricks to check out to find large or small problems?

The owner has put new tires and a new carburetor on it. Then pulled the battery and parked it. What is a fair price for a G1 in a running condition?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Rodney
Rbtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
skarp
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 purchase check list?

Without seeing it run...hard to say!! Depending on the body...I would say $500-$700.
skarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Rbtx
Not Yet Wild

I understand thanks for the reply. I have yet to see it myself but want as much information as possible when I get to see it. Thanks again Skarp.
Rbtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

This one has been discussed a few times. Where you're located geographically at has a lot to do with how much they typically sell for. By back east standards I paid way too much for mine. I price compared quite a bit before buying it and carts just seem to sell for more where I'm at for some reason.
rivertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Secondary clutch should not wobble or have noticable play on shaft, check that the ramp shoes are intact and not worn out. Engine should start when warm with no choke, a little choke when cold is ok, always needing a choke is indicative of worn crankshaft seals. Front tires should not lean, worn king pins and bushings make them lean. In the end only you can determine the value of the cart. It comes down to how badly you want it and how much work you have to put into it so it suits your needs.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha