lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
evcrawfish
Not Yet Wild

Talking G2 pickup coil wire still burnt, but cart fixed

hello everybody,
first off for those who have thrown their two cents into the hat, THANK YOU VERY MUCH
it is greatly appreciated.
ok, the ground wire on the pick up coil is still burnt. i give up on that one. anyway, after lots and lots of trouble shooting i found the problem, ok problems.
first off when i first got it the voltage regulator was popping the fuse, fix new regulator. a few of the wires were in the wrong places. fix follow wiring diagram and put wires back where they are supposed to go. cleaned the carb, still problem. i'll come back to the carb. next it was suggested the ignitor could be bad, i have a buddy who is an electronics gooru from the old school of actually fixing stuff and not just replacing. so we pulled the ignitor apart and found a bunch of corrosion on the bottom pins. only thing i can figure is this was shorting out. anyway we cleaned it up and put it back together. it seemed to help but there was still something goofy with it. so i decided, since all i did was clean the carb i would get a carb kit. and in the kit i discovered the second problem. the pilot jet on the top of the carb was missing and replaced with a bolt. so i figure it was causing the carb to vapor lock. anyway long story short the two main issues were the ignitor corrosion and the bolt in the carb. it's been a wild discovery process figuring this one out. but seems like i got 'er licked. if i can get em loaded i'll post some pics of the jet on the carb and the ignitor taken apart.
evcrawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
evcrawfish
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G2 pickup coil wire still burnt, but cart fixed

here's the pick of the jet on top of the carb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main jet missing.jpg (384.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
evcrawfish
Not Yet Wild

and here are the pics of the ignitor, i took several in the order of taking it off the cart and then getting it open.

use a razor knife to cut the seam, and then you will have to pry it apart, the two halves snap together. be careful not to damage the outside half too much, but you will have to use some force to "unpop" it. then just clean it and snap it back together. oh and while you have it apart inspect the solder joints to make sure all of them are still soldered good.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ignitor.jpg (387.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg seam.jpg (361.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_091511_006.jpg (246.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg pin cleaning.jpg (354.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
evcrawfish
Not Yet Wild

i also wanted to share something i picked up on my riding mower. the mower had a bad charge circuit and parts aren't available for it. so i needed a way to charge and keep charged the battery. so i installed a cigarette lighter socket and bought a 20 dollar solar charger from harbor freight, you can also get them from amazon as well. i have gotten a few of them and bought them from both places. they look like the exact same one. get a tube of silicon sealant, like black rtv or something you would use to seal a gasket in place with and seal the glass to plastic joint otherwise when it rains water will get into the inside and ruin it. the rest of it has proven to be water proof.

so on my golf cart i direct wired the cigarette lighter socket double wire to the battery and wired the little fog lights on the front of the cart at the same time. put em both on a fuse and there ya go. when ya finish riding plug in the solar charger. and if you keep your cart indoors you can put the solar panel on the outside of a wall and run the wires indoors to where you park and plug it in then.

as always YMMV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_091511_003.jpg (402.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
evcrawfish
Not Yet Wild

and here are a couple of pics of how i mounted the "headlights" LOL

i was planning on leaving the upper cowl off the front anyway, so i just turned the brackets to a position that suited the lights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_091511_008.jpg (433.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_091511_009.jpg (432.3 KB, 3 views)

Tags
g2 yamaha ignitor igniter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha