lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
brettmc1964
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy ez go medalist shudders in fnr

I have a 95 ez go Medalist. With batteries fully charged, although they are weak at 35.7 volts, the cart shudders in both fnr. Will not pull a small grade. Is this possibly batteries, or could it be the hub? New to carts, still learning.
brettmc1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: ez go medalist shudders in fnr

Welcome to BGW

do you know what year the batteries are? it sounds like it's time for a new set of batteries, need to take volt readings of each battery after they are fully charged and have been at rest for 12 hours to get a true reading of the pack volts, your batteries are at 30 - 35 % charged at 35.7, you should never run your pack down below 50% before recharging 36.31 is 50%
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW.

You've definitely got battery issues whether you've got a stripped hub or not.

The State of Charge of your battery pack is only about 35%, so you very likely have one or more bad batteries.
A SOC Chart is attached, so download it for future reference.

Which charger do you have? If you don't know, post a picture of faceplate.

Charge your batteries, let them rest for at least 6 to 12 hours and measure individual battery voltages.
The voltages should be within about 0.1V of each other, but might be a bit more on older sets.

To check for stripped hub(s), remove any hubcaps and/or dust covers to expose Castle nuts on rear axles.
Have someone watch Castles nuts and if either is turning without wheel turning, the splines in the brake hub are stripped.

Let us know what you find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batterytable1118242f71.jpg (43.1 KB, 6 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
brettmc1964
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. Not sure about the batteries. they are trojan 105. but i have had the cart for 3 years and they did not look new when i bought it. the charger i will get info on, but was new when i bought the cart. will check batteries, and hubs. Thanks a lot.
brettmc1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There should be a date code stamped onto the flat top of the Negative terminals. The letter is the month and the number is the last digit of the year.

Mine are stamped, "L9" so they were shipped in approximately Nov-09 (I don't think letter "I" is used, but I'm not 100% sure of it)
Trojan is a little creative in their date coding at times, but you'll have a rough age estimate.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO