lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
stuge
Not Yet Wild

Default lacks a little power

New here. Just picked up this cart, as you can see it's been canaballized. I did a little electrical work thanks to this forum (soldered a relay connection and cleaned and reconnected the starter/gen connections). It starts right up and runs but lacks a little power. I've attached two pics. The second shows the carb. The wire holding the carb on looks like its from a CC or EZGO. I think that's my problem, need Yami wire. Just kidding. I'll correct this and get back to you all. I've had alot of fun reading the posts and it helped fix the cart. Keep up the good work.
Stuge

PS: Its a G2, 1987, 170 psi compression w/ oil on the plug. I do have the air cleaner, took it off for a better shot at how "they" had the carb held on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dcp_1947.jpg (97.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg dcp_1950.jpg (74.5 KB, 22 views)
stuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: lacks a little power

Congrats!....I think....LOL!

It looks like they stripped out the threads and couldn't get the carb to tighten down. I'd say that's the first order of business for you because if there is a leak there, that will take all your power away. Sounds like you need a thread repair kit and a new bolt or two. Check those gaskets too. Once that is done, we can help you take the next steps.

I'm hoping that the oil on the plug is just from not running right. Get it running good and see if that resolves itself. If not....again...we are here for you.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: lacks a little power

It gets scary when you see front end components held on that way!
You can just get a longer bolt and it should catch the good threads, if any are left. If no threads, longer bolt with a nut behind the casting!
The cart doesn't look bad at all!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha