lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: GPS question. Which one to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I use a Garmin NUVI Wide and I paid for lifetime map updates it also has traffic avoidance built in so if there is a traffic jam or delay it will recalculate to avoid the blockage and get you to your destination quicker. It tells me average speed top speed how far I have driven it gives me the Latitude and longitude to pinpoint my location within a 50 foot circle. It has bread crumb function so you can follow your path back or save and hit the home button to return. I highly recommend the Garmin line of GPS. I use mine in the RV my cars and with the same suction cup mount on my cart. I got one of those funny been bag mounts for the dash of the RV that lets me put the suction cup on it and it stays put on the big flat dash.
Sent you a PM.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Info returned.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
archer161
Not Yet Wild

i have the Garmin NUVI 765 and its great!! Had it for about (2) years with lifetime map upgrade and its never failed me yet. Garmin customer service is very good, even if it takes a few minutes to get through. I have been several places with it and it has the back track, long./lat., traffic alert, and may other gadgets. I also have had for a long time a Magellan Explorist 600 and it also very good for off road hunting type uses. It also has different mounts that you can buy to mount in your boat or cart. It also has all the things you are looking for!! I also have some friends that have the Garmin 62 stc it has a camera and external antenna that really gets more signal then ones that are built in. Signal difference is with the external antenna they can get GPS location inside a building, were I cannot with mine Magellan with the antenna built inside of it. I find it very helpful if your under heavy or large trees trying to get your location, but when we are outside I can see no difference in signal.
archer161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #14
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have that exact same model Archer and I gave him the new alternative.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Thanks everybody.

I'll probable go with the 2555LMT rather than 2455LMT. (Same screen resolution, just more area -- Old eyes and Big fingers )
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO