lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default remove battery tray

Make that a very stubborn battery tray. I have removed the two bolts from the vertical mounts at the rear and I have removed/cut off the two torx bolts at the rear floor board. Then I cut off the two bolts that passed through the forward vertical of the seat mount. This thing is still not moving. Are there any more bolts I have yet to find. I'm thinking that maybe this tray has been replaced before and the replacement was welded in.
The replacement I bought only has provisions for four bolts.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
Paige Clark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: remove battery tray

What cart do you have, I have removed 2 trays so I'm still learning to but I do know on a 2000 dcs and a 2002 pds they are installed the same there are 4 bolts holding the back seat rest, if your cart is like mine the 2 bolts closest to your back side has to be removed, the battery tray upper support arms makes a 90 degree turn and sets on top of the cart frame, there are also 2 bolts that has to come out that goes into the frame on the side facing the batteries, on the 2 I took out I removed the rear body and T frame that is under your legs and they came out very easy. Hope this helps if you need more details let me know.
Paige Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
Make that a very stubborn battery tray. I have removed the two bolts from the vertical mounts at the rear and I have removed/cut off the two torx bolts at the rear floor board. Then I cut off the two bolts that passed through the forward vertical of the seat mount. This thing is still not moving. Are there any more bolts I have yet to find. I'm thinking that maybe this tray has been replaced before and the replacement was welded in.
The replacement I bought only has provisions for four bolts.
Go to the stickies and get the service and parts manuals for your buggy or one close to the model you have. The parts manual shows every part, with exploded diagrams.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thought I'd post my experience here and maybe save someone a bit of trouble. I bought the aluminum replacement, however, based on the pictures I've seen, all the replacements are going to be about the same.
My cart is a 98 TXT series. I can't vouch for others but I have a feeling they are going to be very similar.
1. Remove the rear body section. It's not necessary but sure makes things easier.
2. Remove the two bolts holding the long straps toward the rear of the cart.
3. If you did not purchase a factory replacement, cut the front of the tray/rack away at the forward verticals. Cut the wire/cable retainers and remove the rack.
4. For non-factory replacements, set the rack in and find the two remaining bolts required to be removed for installation. They will either be the two, at the bottom of the verticals, that run parallel to the cart or the two that run perpindicular.
5. Remove the necessary bolts.
6. Drop the new tray into place and align the bolt holes at the forward portion of the rack, (the ones you just removed). Loosely put a couple bolts in place.
7. Make any necessary adjustments to the rear of the rack and loosely put the two retainer bolts in place. Make sure the rack is level and square with the rest of the body.
8. Tighten all your bolts and re-attach the wires and brake cables.
9. The factory replacement will require the removal of the vertical forward mounts. If you are replaceing the rack due to rust, (most likley reason), just grind the bolts off. I found it to be much easier and faster.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
Glawrence@gt.rr.com
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Chloe. Just wondering how you like the aluminum tray. I need to replace my rack and was considering the aluminum. Sturdy enough? Anyone else have any experience with these? Thanks.
Glawrence@gt.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
Stehle
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had a stainless steel set in an old EZGO... I loved them!

(Evidently my metal scapper did too... I came home and saw the cart on his trailer, but saw he had saved them or cut them out where he thought he had to.)

You never really see them, but I miss them to this day. {sniff}
Stehle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The aluminum appears to be fine. Most certainly strong enough for the task. Not really much of a weight savings as there is only about 2 pounds difference between the replacement aluminum and the steel units.
Just make sure you use anodized or stainless bolts to help curtail the eventual corrosion.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO