lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
joelmcf
Not Yet Wild

Default '03 TXT: rapid pulsating drive feeling under load

Folks,

I have a '03 Ezgo TXT 36V (non-DCS) with fresh Trojan batteries and stock electronics. I recently lifted the cart with a lift kit and 14" wheel/tires for casual on/off road.

After the upgrade, I noticed with hill climbing torque was significantly degraded. <Simple math and more research should have made that obvious.> Although annoying, it wasn't that big of an issue until my cart stopped climbing the hill in front of my house all together with fresh batteries and a full charge. Recently, as the incline increases thus the load on the motor increased, I get a "pulsating" feeling in the drive system as the cart struggles to climb.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the issue. Clearly, I am putting too much load on the system and something is freaking out -- controller, motor, leads? Now the cart is capable of flat ground movement but any hills are too much for it.

What Next?
- Upgrade motor and/or controller?
- Upgrade wires to larger gauge?
- Increase voltage to 48V and upgrade electronics?
- Downgrade wheels and tires to reduce the issue ;-(
- Troubleshoot better?

I have scanned a few "upgrade packages" from the big box online retailers. Options for the non-DCS carts seem limited. I'm less concerned about top speed and definitely interested in increasing the torque. I have a rear seat for carting around my kids so at times the cart is loaded but at present, it strains to carry even the driver (me) with a cold beer -- unacceptable.

Any recommendations or troubleshooting help?

thanks
/jm
joelmcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: '03 TXT: rapid pulsating drive feeling under load

so are you fleet/series or pds electronics.

If pds, remove the chip in the controller, and upgrade to 4ga wires.

if series than upgrade all your cables to 4ga. this is a must with any lifted cart.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
joelmcf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '03 TXT: rapid pulsating drive feeling under load

It's a fleet. It sounds like that's step one. Looking at stamped versus soldered. Any guidance / differences?

Thanks for the reply.

/jm
joelmcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO