lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
barcloverranch
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Problem with Resistor cart 1986 EZ-GO Marathon

I just looked at mine, can't tell the coil order without taking anything apart. But the coils that are positioned closer together go towards the front, hopefully this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (148.4 KB, 0 views)
barcloverranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Well guys i must have it right because it seem to be running right besides another problem i found. First off i know the order as i had them taped 1234 but like i said i never looked when taking it out which was the front. I changed all the Hardware to new stainless and cleaned and straightened the coils and made a new Box that allows it to breathe good plus now its bolted down with no zip ties like it was when i got it.

Here is what it looked like when i removed it ,It was floating around held by a zip tie
http://www.flickr.com/photos/81662115@N08/7473740240/

Cleaned Coils and added all new Stainless Hardware:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81662115@N08/7473745062/

Also built a new box for the unit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81662115@N08/7473715906/

But now i found another problem and have no idea where to get the parts to fix it. I am not sure what its called but on the Pedal assemble there is a brush setup with 4 studs for slow to fast. one of the studs is all messed up and it wont tighten. So the stud itself is loose and the wire is loose. Is there a place we can but just the Copper studs and maybe new brush with out buying the whole assembly?

Thanks Guys you have been so helpful so far.

and i highly appreciate it.

MybadOmen
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #13
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Hmm strange my photos are not showing and i know how to post Photoms i do build logs on many forums for my Computer Modding ? I just added all the Photos any idea why you guys cant see them?

Just made them click able links for now sorry about that guys .
Old 06-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #14
hbondurant
Not Yet Wild

If you look at the 4 holes, you will find the spacing is different on 1 hole.Mount this oddball in the back. then wire the first wire from the contractor boars top the post that is nearest the wiper. Continue in this fashion until all the wires are connected
hbondurant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbondurant View Post
If you look at the 4 holes, you will find the spacing is different on 1 hole.Mount this oddball in the back. then wire the first wire from the contractor boars top the post that is nearest the wiper. Continue in this fashion until all the wires are connected

Yes i did that if you look at the third picture i posted it shows the box mounted in its new case. Lol i had to do all the metal work bt hand because me Metal Brake is home and i am had camp.

Also this is the other thing i need. You guys know if there is a better place to buy it maybe a bit cheaper? I really just need the brush and the studs . remember shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-Speed-S...item3cc3eb63f1

Also i am going to make a thread showing my charger and cart side plug conversion.

Thanks guys everything runs now but the pedal worried me as the wire is loose and that's going to cause heat like that and the studs on the board are just a mess. so i would love to replace the studs and the Brush if that's possible.

Take Care MybadOmen
Old 07-01-2012, 06:21 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

After seeing that photo, I'm gonna change my recommendation. Make sure the fat resistor is on the side where if there's only one resistor in the circuit, it's the one (if that makes sense).

It's fat for a reason.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #17
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"

Mybad,

The stud you referred to is on what's called the "accelerator board". On mine, there is a "spare" stud without a wire connected to it (it's position zero).

You may be able to use that stud to replace the bad stud, and put the bad stud where the spare goes. You NEED that spare, because it's kind of a "landing zone" for the wiper arm when the accelerator pedal is NOT depressed.

Hope this helps,

RLW
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #18
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Wow awesome to know till i get my new board. I am just going to buy the board and brush kit its under $60. new. I just hate putting Money into this one as i have between a 2001 - 2003 Yamaha 36 volt cart coming from a friend for 500 bucks with the headlight kit the 12 volt converter all kinds of stuff but the batteries are junk. It worked fine and then he garaged it because he bought a Gator and uses that instead. Lol only thing that scares me is the marathon is extremely cheap to fix compared to the other carts.

Thanks so much for that info. The bottom is the spare?
Old 07-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #19
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"

Yep - on my '84 Marathon it's the bottom stud.

It's the one that the wiper contact rests on when the pedal is NOT depressed.

I wish I could find a $500 yammy-hammer...
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #20
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Where do you guys buy from? Id rather call and order the parts and try to get them faster as i need the cart for work or it my my day very hard without it.

This is exactly what i am trying to buy and i am in New Hampshire very close to Mass if the helps. Is there a certain store you guys all use with fast shipping and good prices ,because as i said before i am brand new to this stuff.

The Kit i want to order but this one says the 9th for delivery :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-Speed-S..._qi=RTM1062687

Any better options?

Highly appreciate any help and the help you guys have already given. Also i want to but some 4 Gauge wire and the connectors and make all new cables. Any good place to get that stuff also?

Talk soon and cant thank you guys enough.The cart has slow speed and fast and im afraid im going to break something if i dont fix it very soon.

MybadOmen / Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO