lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
Kyle b w
Not Yet Wild

Default how can i tell controller is bad

I HAVE A 2002 EZ GO (NON PDS) batters have 38.6 v only getting 35.2 out of controller does this mean controller is bad or could it be anything else.THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
Kyle b w is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: how can i tell controller is bad

Kyle, does the cart run? Does the solenoid click? Reverse alarm working? Stock controller?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
Kyle b w
Not Yet Wild

Yes it runs. The solenoid also does click. Revers alarm works. Not sure if the controller is stock. I just got the cart from someone. Only had it about 3 weeks. Can only ride it for like 15 min. then it is like its died. All the batteries check out to be good.
thanks for all the help
Old 07-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have good and bad news... kinda where Gorno was headed, if the cart runs forward and reverse the controller is not bad, It's working... the cart is dying because those batteries are dropping out under load... It's just a guess but I'll bet a meter attached to the pack would show a sever drop in voltage when the cart won't go.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Kyle b w
Not Yet Wild

thank for that. you are right it does show a good size drop in voltage when driving it with a voltage meter on them. would it help if i refurbished them myself?
Old 07-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In my experience no. But you can try others have had some positive results but we don't know how long that lasted because they never come back and say It's been a year and you gotta try this!!!!

I think it ends in disappointment
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO