lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
KY Gun Geek
Not Yet Wild

Default DD Motor Connections

Got a hi torque motor for my 96 TXT from D&D.

Working on installation this weekend (D&D not working today or tomorrow or I would call them), and realized there are no instructions in the box. There are instructions printed on the motor - see the included pic.

So, question is, the connections are not the same as the stock motor - there's the stuff about connecting S2 and A1 together. This was not done on the stock motor. I have the stock connections labeled, and could replace them back on new motor in the same spot.

I'm a little concerned about doing things that weren't done on the stock installation 'cuz i could burn something up...

Anybody with some experience with this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor.jpg (164.1 KB, 0 views)
KY Gun Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DD Motor Connections

The instructions on the label leave out a couple minor items like the Speed Controller and F/R Switch.

I have no experience with it, but I believe it ought to be connected the same way the original one was.
At least, that is how I would connected it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
KY Gun Geek
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The instructions on the label leave out a couple minor items like the Speed Controller and F/R Switch.

I have no experience with it, but I believe it ought to be connected the same way the original one was.
At least, that is how I would connected it.

You understand my angst!

I too thought I should just connect it the same as the OEM, but, then there are the instructions...

Does it seem like I could burn things up if I don't connect S2 and A1 as instructed?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The instructions on the label tell you how to connect the motor directly to a battery and get it to run, and then how to get it to run in the opposite direction.

Connecting it the same way the original was connected simply adds the speed controller to adjust how fast it spins and the F/R switch to change the direction it spins.

Electrically, they are more or less the same, except you probably won't need a neck brace when you accelerate from a stand still or have to break out the wrenches to move a couple cables to put cart in reverse.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I guess it's a schematic. Seems kind of confusing ... I have had customers call me with the same question...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
KY Gun Geek
Not Yet Wild

Just to close out the thread -

Connected the cables as I labeled them during dis-assembly. Seems to work fine. Motor move cart and responds correctly to FNR switch.

Haven't done any performance testing - I think I might have toasted the batts by not charging them while the cart was apart (another thread started...)
Old 07-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I believe the instructions that are on the motor apply to using it on a pump, or other application that doesn't use a speed control. I'm with " JohnnieB " on connecting it as your other motor was connected on your cart.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO