lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
moesdeals
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Newbie Needs Link For Yamaha G8/G9 Alignment

I am new to this stuff. Can anyone send me a link on how to do a front end alignment to a Yamaha G8? Much appreciated?
moesdeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Newbie Needs Link For Yamaha G8/G9 Alignment

Don't have a "link" for the Yamaha service manual, but all Yamaha alighnments are the same G1 thru G16 (till they changed to rack and pinion steering-G22). Sit back and let me tell you what I do (Yamaha parts/service manager/certified tech for almost 30 years)...Early Yamaha's front suspenssion is dictated by camber and toe in and the parts that control that is the front shocks, king pins and bushing, bent components (like the arm knuckles -flat plate that looks like an "s") and (to an extent wheel bearings and hubs) and exsesive play in the tie rod ends and the adjustment of the tie rod assy's. Jack up the front end, grab the top and bottom of the wheel and feel for any more then a 1/8th inch of play, if so bad king pin's bushings (and possibly worn out lower control arms where the bushings sit. Spin the wheels, do you hear grinding noises? bad bearings or hubs. Now coil over shocks, they were desighned to have enough "heigth and strength" to give "positive camber" (\ /) effect when sitting, then when 2 people and golf bags loaded would being it back to neutral camber (l l), if not the case could be worn shocks. There are members that send the shocks to site sponsor www.plowmans.com for shimming and some use slip collars. Now tie rod adjustment, both tie rod assy's have a left hand and right hand threaded tie rod end, loosen the jam nut and you can rotate the tie rod to adjust toe in. The service book will give you a toe in dimenssion like an 1/8th inch. On standard cars and lifted cars, you may find zero toen works better for steering and tire wear, it's up to the car,feel (tires crab walking-to much toe in) and wear. Lastly, I highly recommend takeing off the steering box cover, pack it full of grease and adjust the pitman screw tight till you feel no binding in the steering wheel (turning from lock to lock), then back the scew off 1/4 turn till no binding is felt. All tis work will make it andle as best as it can. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha