lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
cmar143
Gone Wild

Default Any way to tell model/year without serial number?

Looking at picking up a Ez-Go but the model number plate is missing off the inside of glove box and I dont see any numbers anywhere else. I havent looked underneath or taken any cowlings off but there is nothing in plain view...is there a secondary location? Its a PDS cart being it has a tow/run switch on the controller and F/R switch on dash. Can controller model/serial number be used to get cart serial number and model?
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any way to tell model/year without serial number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
in 2007 they did not put serial number plates in the passenger side glove box. There are 3 locations (visable) for the serial number. The first is directly under the charger plug in. the second is under the passenger side seat back support on the crossmember (visable by lifting the seat). The third is under the driver side floorboard (sticker will be on the frame rail)

There is (or at least is supposed to be) another location but I am not sure if E-Z-GO is still doing it. The 4th location was for the serial number to be stamped into the frame on the passenger side right above the rear wheels. This location required the removal of the body to be able to read it.

Also, keep in mind the 2007 production run actually started in July of 2006 so it is within the real of possibility for the cart to have 2006 batteries in a 2007. D6 batteries wouldn't be in there but a later battery for 2006 is not out of the question.
Hope this helps.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
cmar143
Gone Wild

Default Re: Any way to tell model/year without serial number?

Thanks I will take a look in those spots tomorrow.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO