lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
cjaws
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1997 48 volt Clubcar Wont go

I have jacked the rear end up and pressed the gas and the wheels wont budge. I tried to spin the wheel with my hand and nothing happens. I have voltage going to the motor when i press the gas and the voltage leaves when i let off. I do see a computer board or something of that nature with a big clip of wires going to it. I unhooked it and everything stops working. So this computer is doing something. The cart worked perfect last year when it way parked and when we went to ride it again it never moved. Ive looked at all wires and made sure they are all in good shape and tight. Could a blown fuse somewhere make this happen. I see a few wires with fuses on them some are very hard to get to.
cjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Is the solenoid clicking when you try to go?

You have to start with the basics, what is the battery pack reading when standing and is there any significant drop in pack voltage when you try to go?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #13
cjaws
Not Yet Wild

The solenoid clicks when you swich the key on. It was clicking untill today when i press the gas and the motor would hum. Today it isnt doing that. It just clicks when the key is swiched on and clicks when you swich off. I checked the voltage many different ways. I checked each battery and each has 8 volts they stay the same when gas is pressed. (key on) I checked them all together and it reads 48-50 volts and reads the same when i press the gas (key on). I checked the volts to the motor and it shows 48-50 volts on top and bottom. It dosnt matter if the key is on or not it keeps voltage there. I tried to run the wires down and they all look great. no blown fuses.

Also the solenoid will click when you trun the key on with the charger connected. Im not sure it that means anything. Thanks for your help on this.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #14
cjaws
Not Yet Wild

Ok the motor is humming again and the solenoid clicks when the gas is pressed. I bumped a wire loose from the F&R swich (thats my fault). I have done some looking on the net and I cant find anyone that is having the same problem. Im at a deadend. I noticed today that the battery light dont come on anymore. Could this be a related problem?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay, What's the history of this problem?
When did the cart run?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
cjaws
Not Yet Wild

The cart ran great 8 months ago when it was parked. Pulled it out last week and it wont do a thing. batteries charged fine wasnt really dead after sitting that long. Lights and buzzer worked fine. The motor would hum so I put it on charge let it charge for the night and the next afternoon the cart was doing the same thing. I looked over the wiring thinking that a rat may have chewed a wire but it is all good shape.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I just read your initial post. You said the cart sat for a year. Prior to that it ran fine.
I don't think the batteries are still good after a year of sitting unattended.

Try this controller test.
Be sure the solenoid the solenoid is clicking, connect your meter to the B- and M- terminals. (any order)

Key on , in gear.

Press the gas pedal until the solenoid clicks.
You should read full battery pack voltage.

If you don't get full pack voltage, there is a problem in the high current system.
(High current Cables, F/R contacts, solenoid contacts. motor brushes, etc)

If you do have FULL battery pack voltage, slowly depress the pedal to floor.
The voltage should go down to zero.
If it doesn't, either the controller is bad, or the throttle input signal is bad.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #18
cjaws
Not Yet Wild

Where is the B- and M- terminals? I have 48-50 volts on the batteries. And on the motor (at all times key on or off). This cart has two solenoids one will click open and closed. but the other stays closed 100% of the time dosent do anything.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #19
cjaws
Not Yet Wild

This is the best wiring diagram I can find that looks like my cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golfcart.jpg (113.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The B- and M- terminals mentioned are on the controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car