lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #11
NewB
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: What Model Cart and motor

Thank you all for your help!!!

I have looked at all of the areas from this site for the model and serial numbers and the bad part is that I boughgt this off of craigslist and all of the stickers with the model and serial numbers have been removed. I hate to think what that meens. all of the ones that I have found remanance of though are stickers not a metal plate. tomorrow I will dounle check the rotation. from my memory I think it is cw but something sticks in my head that there is a sticker or something that says ccw.
NewB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
Redlig
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan schumacher View Post
i believe the years 1992 - 1996.5, not sure but looks like a Kawasaki FE290 OHV Engine
When did they change sorry to thread jack but.... For example I have a 96. 49 th year what engine would they have put in mine I can't get to it or I would check also would anything else be different ya think?

Last edited by Redlig; 12-03-2012 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: Typo
Redlig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #13
NewB
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

No problemim looking For all the same awnsers
NewB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #14
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

look ion your engine for 2 tags. one will be white with a bar code. it is the engine model number and the serial number. read something like fe350-as11-12233445 it ususally is on the fan shrould next to battery under tail pie/muffler. also look for the ep sticker on the engine. its on the back of the fan shrould. it will have the engine model number and a dom date on it. it is the date of manufatcuer of that motor. as locman has posted pictures of under the dash and behind the key switch, are you factory serial number for the cart. i was also told they put one on the frame, on top of the frame. only way to find that one is to pull the body. hope this helps!\
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #15
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
...its on the back of the fan shrould. it will have the engine model number and a dom date on it. it is the date of manufatcuer of that motor....
Good call ck! I forgot about that one!

But ck, if you noticed in NewB's first post pics, there isn't a bar code tag on the fan shroud!
The previous owner(s) seemed to have done their best to remove ALL tags!

Note to Redlig, and NewB...
standing on the passenger side of the cart, with the seat up or off, and looking at the drive clutch,
either put it in "maintenance mode", or jack the rear of the cart up, or just chock the wheels,
and lightly press on the go pedal to turn the engine over, and see which way the clutch turns... that will be your rotation!

Here's what the tag on the back (right hand side) of the engine fan shroud looks like:
(it's kind of covered by the transaxle support plate, but you still may be able to see it!)
Look for the displacement (mine is 352CC= FE350) then the date of manufacture! (mine is 0606=2006)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 019 (2).JPG (53.1 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car