lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
Kb11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Kf82 ring and piston job

So I just re did the test and waited till the needle stopped going up and it read at 120. I think this is pretty good from reading still confused why it's blowing smoke... I change the oil and used 10w 30 because I couldn't find 30w ....could this be the issue?

Note never smoked this bad when until I changed the oil.. I gave the cart a new air filter fuel filter and belts.. First gas started pouring out the vent line cleaned the carb fixed that issue.... Then cart would die like it needs fuel but I can let off it and picks right back up. Now I have serious smoke coming out the exhaust
Kb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

If you have compression like you said, than the motor should be fine and the oil isn't coming up from the crankcase. Now that you seem to have eliminated the rings issue, seems to me like it's running too rich, getting too much fuel. How deep did you get into the carburetor?

You're not anywhere Akron/Canton area, Ohio are you by chance? I have two extra KF82 carbs here at my house that ran fine when the motors they were attached to threw their connecting rods. You could test one on your motor if you're nearby. Or if you nail down your problem to the carb, I could part with one of mine for a fair price if you want and ship it to you.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #13
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sounds as if oil is overfull then drain the oil and start over again this can be a problem on these just a little overfull and smoke everywhere and oil everywhere and even when you get the oil level down its still going to smoke till all the residual oil burns off , i would start will one quart of oil and run it for a bit and see if the smoke doesnt clear up , this engine only takes 40 or 48 ounces of oil (please double check this) but this may just be a matter of a few extra ounces of oil the crankcase
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #14
Kb11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I drained the oil last night still smokes, I am going to try and clean the exhaust tommorrow as well as change the oil. What type of oil would you recommend to use as a sub for 30W. I can not find that stuff anywhere. I do thing there is some gas in the oil also. I think you may be right with the over full issue.

Could the oil be splaching the spark plug causeing the cart to run but die occassionaly ?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #15
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok well first off 5w 30 will work just fine second if you have gas in the oil then this is going to continue to be a problem the carb is dumping to much gas and it is washing down the cylinder mixing with the oil and causing the overfull problem. if i check i might be able to get my hands on a carb for you to check. unless springbok can lend/sell one to you.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
Kb11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I Live in South Carolina, So I would have to purchase it from you. I think I fix the carb when I was working on it last time.. I am going to change the oil and see if that helps the problem. How would you get oil out of the spark plug hole ?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

only way would be to burn it off running it you could spray some carb cleaner in there to thin it down to keep the plug from fouling but you will still have to clean the plug once it its all burned off
Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
Kb11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks I appreciate it, I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #19
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb11 View Post
I Live in South Carolina, So I would have to purchase it from you. I think I fix the carb when I was working on it last time.. I am going to change the oil and see if that helps the problem. How would you get oil out of the spark plug hole ?
You can change the oil, but I don't think you should expect that to fix your smoking problem. When you did your compression test, did the cylinder hold pressure on it's own after you quit turning the motor? I know you had good readings, but did the pressure bleed off quickly afterwards?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #20
Kb11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yeah it held the pessue for a good 5 min or so... I would love to get the compression higher though. I am still planning to replace the rings and piston. Seems like its a simple thing to do. I would like to set my valve though I think that could help. Not sure where to start there though
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car