lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #111
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Install time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGDUSC View Post
Motor is to be delivered tomorrow!!!!! Very excited. Hope it doesnt show!
Doesn't show ? Boy you lost your mind
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #112
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bee a long time coming!!!
JGDUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #113
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Motor ready tomorrow at 1pm. ETA Gilbert SC - 11:30am Saturday.

Hope to get installed asap, but life chores will dictate......
Old 04-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #114
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well purple power is under my cart. Motor was delivered as promised, and after lunch took a failing stab at installing. Being rushed to get to a evening commitment, I aborted.

At 7:15 was back in the shop bound and determined to get it mounted.

Using a Ratchet strap as a hoist I positioned it close. Played around with it tring to get it alligned for a while. After some adjustments to my rig, several beers and a few not so nice words, it slipped on. Only the mounting holes weren't aligned. After puling it back off and on several more times I had to give up and waited on neighbor to arrive. Slipped it back on to show him the issue with alignment and laughing he just rotated the motor till the holes lined up! Duh huh. I was overthinking it pretty hard and didn't want to mess up this beauty.

Got all screws in, but have one question. It looked like the bottom was just about a 1/32 to a 1/16 out from housing. See pic.

Not sure if this is a problem or not.

Fired it up and made another midnight run. Torque was noticabley better and as predicted by PQ speed was about same. But going 20mph uphill felt great with 450lbs of butt onboard. Overall pretty satisfied with it.

Checked the temp on the motor when returned home, and it was warm - 108ish but felt warmer to me - still trying to get used to infrared thermo.

Didnt take the meter with me to watch batteries but I imagine that they were struggling to keep up with my lead foot demands.

Can't believe how reasonable the cost was for this considering they have to ship it out and bring back.

Wasn't going to mess with beach cart but not sure I will be able to resist now that I have seen the PQ light.

Just trying to decide on when to go 48v so the fun can really begin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2822.jpg (223.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #115
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Two more thoughts:

1. I never did go back into the controller and change the limit from 80 to 100% - trying to protect the stock motor. No reason I shouldn't now right?

My only concern is the slightly aging batteries not giving enlugh juice to power it all, but excited to see how much more I get.

2. Does the new bandit makes a little bit more noise than the stock motor? Just sounds like it makes a little more"good" noise.

Tags
alltrax
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO