lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Install time?

Another probably stupid couple of questions - whats the best way to get the black port cover off without scratching the thing to death! I can appreciate a tight fit but I am struggling.

Is it ok to program the controller after it is installed or should I be trying to bench power?
JGDUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Couple stupid questions

Whats the best way to get the black port cover off without scratching the box to death?

Is it ok to install controller and then program or should I be trying to bench power and program?

ok how do you delete a post? I see it says edit/delete message but don't see delete option?

Last edited by JGDUSC; 02-17-2013 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 02-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also just wondering from looking. How hard is it to get cables to "adjust" to right angles for new solenoid. They are pretty big. Don't want to bend anything to hard. ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361129386.735673.jpg

Looks like they mount in a different direction than the stock on the HD solenoid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGDUSC View Post
Another probably stupid couple of questions - whats the best way to get the black port cover off without scratching the thing to death! I can appreciate a tight fit but I am struggling.

Is it ok to program the controller after it is installed or should I be trying to bench power?
I use a plastic paint scraper.

I fired mine up on the bench to make sure the the cables to the computer worked, but I'm going wait until I get it installed before I do any tweaking.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #25
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds good. I have admitted defeat for the day. Ran out of propane for the shop and my 7 year old assistant had too many questions. Wonder where she gets that from. Haha!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Also just wondering from looking. How hard is it to get cables to "adjust" to right angles for new solenoid. They are pretty big. Don't want to bend anything to hard. Attachment 80023

Looks like they mount in a different direction than the stock on the HD solenoid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Warm them with a hair dryer and bend them into the approximate shape before trying to install. Use one of the spring thingies for bending copper tubing when bending a short radius.

When you need one lug vertical and the other horizontal, remember the cable will twist easier on on direction than the other. (One way the twisted conductors shrink in diameter, the other way they grow)

I'm going to have a lot of fun with my 2Ga cables on my new set of batteries. Old batteries had studs and new batteries have bolt through posts. I might end up having Scotty build me a custom set so I can remove all the battery caps.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sounds good. I have admitted defeat for the day. Ran out of propane for the shop and my 7 year old assistant had too many questions. Wonder where she gets that from. Haha!
My used to be 7 Y.O. assistant is now 45 and she still asks me questions. It never ends.
Enjoy it now while both the questions and the answers are still simple.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #28
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay that makes sense. Definitely going to be a struggle since they are pretty comfortable the way they are.

Scotty must be the man to take a cart like this and get in installed in 45 minutes. I knew to take the 2 hours and multiply by 4. Nothing has been easy here. You certainly have to have resolve to get these things done.

Thank goodness for this forum and you guys who support us newbs.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #29
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quite special to have her there with me but when I am lost and asking questions hard to come up with any answers!! Haha
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #30
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Was just purusing the forum for more info and foud this thread

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-upgrade.html

I have what appears to be 2/0 cables throughout with the execption of the the one that JonnieB mentions the solenoid to controller - most often overlooked.

It seems to be 4ga maybe but definitely not 2/0 like the others. Should it be the same as all others? Thanks.

Tags
alltrax
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO